2017 Blue Stars

20 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Not sure why they took down their own video.  Sounded AWESOME!  

unreal

On 3/13/2017 at 10:35 AM, DrumManTx said:

Not sure why they took down their own video.  Sounded AWESOME!  

I was just looking for it myself... As an excited Alum I see that Frank Sullivan is returning to write/arrange for the Stars! His dark style always appealed to me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrassFan17 said:

I was just looking for it myself... As an excited Alum I see that Frank Sullivan is returning to write/arrange for the Stars! His dark style always appealed to me. 

What I've heard of the show fits that to a T, VERY aggressive and almost bordering on angry.  And crazy hard (but very polished) as well.  I definitely do not think this is going to even remotely be a cliche lovers/Romeo and Juliet type show which was a slight personal concern when I saw the title.  

The clip they posted that they then took down was lots of very technical/aggressive type stuff, and they sounded SUPER tight playing it too.  In the world of staff additions I think Dr. Miller has flown under the radar as one of the strongest pickups a corps has made in terms of it improving a section in recent years, they're starting to develop an absolutely killer brass line. 

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:16 AM, DrumManTx said:

What I've heard of the show fits that to a T, VERY aggressive and almost bordering on angry.  And crazy hard (but very polished) as well.  I definitely do not think this is going to even remotely be a cliche lovers/Romeo and Juliet type show which was a slight personal concern when I saw the title.  

The clip they posted that they then took down was lots of very technical/aggressive type stuff, and they sounded SUPER tight playing it too.  In the world of staff additions I think Dr. Miller has flown under the radar as one of the strongest pickups a corps has made in terms of it improving a section in recent years, they're starting to develop an absolutely killer brass line. 

Good to read these insights of yours re. the Blue Stars, DrumMan Tx.  This is shaping up as an intriguing summer, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

They have been so on and off the past few years, never sure what to expect. They are on my corps to watch list as I was really impressed by them last year. Props seems to make or break their shows more so than other corps  so caution in that department is advised

2 hours ago, cowtown said:

They have been so on and off the past few years, never sure what to expect. They are on my corps to watch list as I was really impressed by them last year. Props seems to make or break their shows more so than other corps  so caution in that department is advised

Careful-I posted the same thing in the prediction thread a while back and people blasted it, even though you're correct that they've been rather inconsistent lately.

On 3/19/2017 at 3:16 AM, DrumManTx said:

Really disappointed I didn't catch that video. I wasn't really interested in the show until I heard about how angry is was, now I can't wait to watch it.

• 1 month later...

I just bumped this thread.

I sure hope the person who is a trumpet turn back into a human soon. :whistle:

• Like 1