4.15 Jump? 6-10 Scores Lower in Finals?

I saw a few posts last night about the 4.15 jump in score from Cadets2 score a week ago to their finals score. So, I investigated.

I took the last ten championships--2006-2015--and ran the numbers. I didn't include 2011 since MBI's last score was two weeks before finals. This is what the numbers showed:

Average Final Score: 98.149.

Average Score One Week Prior: 94.932

Difference: 3.217

Biggest jump: 4.000 by Bucs 2009

Smallest jump: 2.130 by Bucs 2013

Now for the 6-10 placed corps lower scores from prelims to finals.

Same thing, the scores from the last ten years--2006-2015

Average score in finals 6-10: 87.851

Average score in prelims 6-10; 88.021

Difference; -0.17

Scores dropped 6 times, and were higher 4 times. So that does happen more often.

• Like 1

:ninja:

Not as much sour grapes - as much as "out of pattern". I have noticed over the years that plot twists "behind the curtains" has more to do with how the results pan out..

Those things have been going on since the dawn of DCA - although I have only watched the last 40 years or so. It seems that the more things DON'T appear to change, the more they actually DO.

Personally, I like to watch the Class A groups continue to battle among themselves, and still get great crowd response as well as be technically proficient - even if they are 'limited' to 65 members.

The level of performances may not be worthy of the "standard" increase of numbers as the championships approach, but it acts as a device to keep all of us engaged until Finals.... even though the results of the finale don't always end in the way each of us wishes...Ahhhhh, DRAMA at it's finest!!

Face it gang, it's DCA - anything can and usually DOES happen - just let your imagination run wild..Conspiracy theorists will always be there to cast a shadow (or two).

This provided by a long time witness to just about EVERYTHING possible that can happen to a group during a tumultuous nearly 40 year journey at DCA - basically seeing ALL that a corps can endure on the journey from laughing stock to World Championship - and SOOOOO many stops in between!

Oh - the tinfoil hat is NOT out of the realm of possibility, Terri! It just depends on how receptive your antennae are! :tounge2:

Good, bad or indifferent - Unless YOU have influence on the decision - it'll never be 'perfect'..

Pat

P.S. FRANK!!!!!! Where the heck you been, old friend? Good to see your input - hope you are well - and don't lose that Sconnie attitude bro - almost time for the border battle to resume !!!

Edited by goalieguy

Prelims compresses scores up. You always see some drops at finals.

Since i saw C2 at Reading, and a good live feed from finals, the jump is justified. They have the last few years shown amazing growth in August, and this year is no different.

• Like 1