4.15 Jump? 6-10 Scores Lower in Finals?

And here I absolutely disagree. Cabs did not have the vehicle to win in 2014. Bucs did. It took the Bucs until Big Sounds and championship weekend to tune their vehicle, but once they did, it was over. This year I still feel that Bucs had the vehicle over C2, although Bucs program seemed to have less physical demand than in recent years (a fact that helped their horn score immeasurably). C2 seemed to have their vehicle more in tune this year which allowed them to overtake the Bucs on the final weekend. C2's late season surge was very reminiscent of the Sunrisers during a few of their championship runs, most notably 1982 and 1987. But due to the very short competitive seasons in the modern DCA, I did not think that such late season runs were realistic with weekend only drum corps. I stand corrected.

Yep, "reasonable people can disagree". The 2014 Prelims judges, for instance, felt that both Cabs and MBI were better than Bucs, whereas I would have put Bucs in second that night. One might conceive of the three of them as having been all about equal, rather like Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Carolina Crown at DCI championships this year.

• Like 1

Regardless of where you fall (hell, I'm a CV Alum,) this was the best top 6 I have personally ever seen. I was blown away with the improvements of the top 6 corps even from last year.

• Like 4

The implication that GH "influenced" the judging is downright hilarious. Don't you think the guy has bigger things to worry about with the flagship program in 6th than the weekend guys? C2 made the jump because their show required energy and passion more than anything-- they have something to the tune of 170 pages of drill in that show and they're firing on all cylinders the whole way. Truly believe that they just pulled together and went for the throat on finals weekend. Those kids wanted to make history.

• Like 4

Hop didn't even go to the DCA meetings. He hired Rich Tempkin to run C2 for a reason

• Like 3

Hop didn't even go to the DCA meetings. He hired Rich Tempkin to run C2 for a reason

Didn't he add Rich last season? there was a noticeable change in programming then.

• Like 1

Didn't he add Rich last season? there was a noticeable change in programming then.

Yes... this year was Rich's second season with C2.

Every corps I've seen Rich work with... DCA or DCI... gets better when he's there. And those corps often get a lot better in a short period of time.

• Like 2

Ticks were just as subjective as why's used now. Actually more so.... The sheets today have criteria on them

oh wow... that is so true... especially "more so"

• Like 3

oh wow... that is so true... especially "more so"

Agreed!!!! One judge's "tick" was another judge's "that's OK." :tongue:

• Like 2

And here I absolutely disagree. Cabs did not have the vehicle to win in 2014. Bucs did. It took the Bucs until Big Sounds and championship weekend to tune their vehicle, but once they did, it was over. This year I still feel that Bucs had the vehicle over C2, although Bucs program seemed to have less physical demand than in recent years (a fact that helped their horn score immeasurably). C2 seemed to have their vehicle more in tune this year which allowed them to overtake the Bucs on the final weekend. C2's late season surge was very reminiscent of the Sunrisers during a few of their championship runs, most notably 1982 and 1987. But due to the very short competitive seasons in the modern DCA, I did not think that such late season runs were realistic with weekend only drum corps. I stand corrected.

correct. many at Big Sounds thought they should have won that night.

I loved both shows this year, so I have no gripes.it was close, and a few spreads change on the recap, who knows? judge the show of the day