Why only 5 mini corps this year?

Again, DCA does not care to do anything with this. I have been through this for years. I am still wondering had Star won in 2013, would they have done the exhibition that we did not get to do.

We were doing this before Soundsport and WGI winds (conceptually) and I remember Dan Acheson coming to DCA to observe the mini corps show. The next year DCI was offering Soundsport as an alternative.

It is what it is. Not as much fun as it used to be for me.

DA

if I remember dca was under very strict Annapolis town a no playing passed a certain ordinance and therefore the riders not being able to exhibit at finals.

Good try but I still call shenanigans, because Star did their encore the year before in the same venue at the same time of night.

It isn't Star United's fault they are that good. I have never had any problem coming second to them. Third by 5 points may be a different feeling though.

We may be back, but I doubt that will occur in Rochester though.

• Like 1

In 13' we knew going in that because of the Marine Corps D&B Corps performing, there would be no mini exhibition in finals. It was unfortunate that it happened to be the year that Ghost won. Getting to do the exhibition is a great incentive.

• Like 2

Why?

Now that Mchromik brought it up, I do remember there was a situation that involved having the Marine Corps at the finals. I was at the finals with another group that won the DCA Class A title that year, so I didn't think about it then. I also won the trumpet individuals that year. I have nothing to be ashamed of at all.

As he said, it is the real only incentive that looks like a prize. We didn't get the prize though. Most of our guys had to buy tickets to the show, except for the staff of White Sabers.

I am good here. Don't try to bait me, troll. I have been around a while. I have NOTHING but respect for Star United. You will never hear me talk bad about the quality they produce.

DA

• Like 1

I hope we'll see Ghost Riders back again next year. Always very entertaining and proficient!

What Terri said. Fun to watch, every time out.

• Like 1

Why?

Now that Mchromik brought it up, I do remember there was a situation that involved having the Marine Corps at the finals. I was at the finals with another group that won the DCA Class A title that year, so I didn't think about it then. I also won the trumpet individuals that year. I have nothing to be ashamed of at all.

That was the year the Marines' performance ended the evening, just before the awards ceremony. In 2012 they opened Finals with their exhibition.

Since the Marines' show was basically the length of two corps' shows, we were squeezed for time at the end of the night in '13.

The city of Annapolis does not bend the rules very often for that noise ordinance. (Says the guy who's announced several drum corps and band shows in the evening there.)

DCA got a waiver in '12 at prelims due to the rain delays.... but we couldn't expect the city to do the same in '13 with good weather.

Edited by Fran Haring

That was the year the Marines' performance ended the evening, just before the awards ceremony. In 2012 they opened Finals with their exhibition.

Since the Marines' show was basically the length of two corps' shows, we were squeezed for time at the end of the night in '13.

The city of Annapolis does not bend the rules very often for that noise ordinance. (Says the guy who's announced several drum corps and band shows in the evening there.)

DCA got a waiver in '12 at prelims due to the rain delays.... but we couldn't expect the city to do the same in '13 with good weather.

and for a while in 12, no one knew if they'd give the waiver