Why only 5 mini corps this year?

and for a while in 12, no one knew if they'd give the waiver

I hear ya... it was up in the air for a bit. The mayor was very gracious that night, granting permission for the corps to finish.

Honestly, it was such a long day/night I didn't stay for the final few corps... I headed for home. Falling asleep behind the wheel on I-97 was not an option. LOL.

Donny, my conversation centered purely on restrictions imposed by Annapolis and the reason for gr not being able to perform.

you seem to have issues over and above the circumstances.

if that makes me a troll, an apology is in order.

No...no problem. I am not apologizing, or do you need to either.

I simply forgot why the reason we didn't get to play was the Marines. I conceded that. I also forgot that the show was delayed by hours the year before.

I didn't call you a troll because of that. It seemed as if you were trying to bait me and your profile really isn't very forthcoming about your true identity. Everyone knows who I am and I am as transparent as I can be. You are just not. I felt like I was back on RAMD for a minute.

No issues or agenda that I am trying to hide. You?

DA

• Like 3

everyone is one degree of separation from DA. That's five better then Kevin Bacon. :smile:

I'm in that club.

Donnie, I too missed GR at mini-corps. Hope to see you back (if possible).

• Like 1

I attended both Mini Corps and the Brass Ensemble's I&E's. I saw a lot of large ensembles I thought could of been in the Mini Corps competition. One I can think of that would of been a pleasant surprise, the Saints Brigade. I was with Cincinnati Tradition for the 2 years they did Mini Corps and the expense came down to music rights. Does Mini Corps still need to produce music rights since there are no video/audio recordings being sold and no admission being charged? I know the large ensembles do not need them and they were very entertaining and they had as many members as a Mini Corps. I think the performing corps would grow if music rights were gone for this event?

Tom Slade

I attended both Mini Corps and the Brass Ensemble's I&E's. I saw a lot of large ensembles I thought could of been in the Mini Corps competition. One I can think of that would of been a pleasant surprise, the Saints Brigade. I was with Cincinnati Tradition for the 2 years they did Mini Corps and the expense came down to music rights. Does Mini Corps still need to produce music rights since there are no video/audio recordings being sold and no admission being charged? I know the large ensembles do not need them and they were very entertaining and they had as many members as a Mini Corps. I think the performing corps would grow if music rights were gone for this event?

Tom Slade

Mini-corps and competing corps must secure arranging and performance rights. They are not (and never have been) responsible for synch/mechanical/streaming rights.

Is it me or are the Mini Corps not given the same amount of love as the Open and A Corps? I find Mini corps competitions just as important.

Mini-corps and competing corps must secure arranging and performance rights. They are not (and never have been) responsible for synch/mechanical/streaming rights.

That is not true. Up until two years ago when they decided not to either video tape/and or broadcast, the mini corps were liable to secure mechanical/streaming rights as well. The last two years have been no sync rights. needed.

DA

Is it me or are the Mini Corps not given the same amount of love as the Open and A Corps? I find Mini corps competitions just as important.

By golly, I think you may have just hit the nail on the head!

DA

• Like 1