Crossmen 2017

31 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

I think it would sound cooler if the opening soloist was facing backfield and unmic'd

Agreed.  They definitely should try it a few different ways.

On 6/21/2017 at 0:56 PM, DrumManTx said:

Huh.  There is a piece of music they use in their show that wasn't announced as part of their show.  Right before the ballad.  

A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics (from A Beautiful Mind) or The Maze is right before the ballad, so something other than that?

Probably off topic slightly, but the Question and The Lightbulb sound like deconstructed/reconstructed variation of and inspired by Piano Concerto No. 1

Just listen to BD '85 at around 8:25, and it's very close.

Corpsreps has it listed incorrectly as The First Circle, but Piano Concerto No. 1 is the last music they play; this is be my favorite BD show ever, so I thought I was familiar with the music and it triggered my memory when I heard Crossmen's opener and closer: 

1985 3 97.100 Liferaft Earth * Trilogy * Karn Evil 9 * Piano Concerto No. 1 * The First Circle  
Edited by jjeffeory
Fixed my incorrect information

Strong start. They beat the Blue Stars in visual and were neck and neck in GE. 

My stupid theater didn't start on time and I missed most of the performance. The ballad was beautiful, though. 

3 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

on the field again tonight :)

We hope.  There are some showers in the forecast.  

Looking at the results from the West Coast, it looks to me like the 8th to 13th slots are closely bunched this year.  It will be interesting to see where Madison and Colts fit.

I honestly think the Crossmen have the strongest package they've had in a long time.  But, no one else stands still.

Nice results in Whitewater.  I'm pleased to see both Color Guard and Percussion rebound from their rankings at the premiere.

• Like 3