Crossmen 2017

Well, I've only seen the broadcast and a few low quality youtube videos, but honestly I'm not a big fan of this show. Regardless, performance quality is definitely up and I'm glad bones are taking another step forward competitively. I'll be in DFW for the Denton and Dallas shows, can't wait to see Bones mid-season!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

Regardless of the small panel, no close competitors, etc.... when was the last time crossmen were within 3 points of the cadets? 

August 3rd 1992:

Cadets 90.3

Crossmen 88.8

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I would guess around 2002.  

That's a fair guess, it's the last year that the Crossmen came within 3 points of the Blue Devils. They couldn't close the gap with Cadets that year though.

2 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

Nice info on the historical context... wow.  Been a long time.

I am also unclear on my feelings about the show, but I have also only seen a couple youtube videos from mediocre angles.

My first take when seeing a sneak peek at training was that there was a lot going on and it has to be impeccably executed to come across.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

may need a mid-season dose of 'keep it simple stupid'

I disagree.  For one thing, it looked much better in uniforms vs. shorts and t-shirts.  It's already improved greatly since the Crossmen do well in Visual Proficiency.  It's progressing well.

Rumor has it they'll unveil something Friday in Allentown that will make their visuals pop even more.