Crossmen 2017

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Can't forget Madison who has been inconsistent back and forth close to stars and far away. 

yea... right now I picture a small gap to Madison, but there might well not be one.  Or it might change.  Madison is definitely close enough to make a run at least 10th, IMO.

Watched you via FloMarching and thought you were great. Not sure why you're not getting the recognitiion you deserve. Cadets ain't all that.

just sayin...

25 minutes ago, xbones7480 said:

Watched you via FloMarching and thought you were great. Not sure why you're not getting the recognitiion you deserve. Cadets ain't all that.

just sayin...

Crossmen are great. Very great 

its a content thing as far as the scoring tiers 

Crossmen will move up this year, very exciting in such a competitive atmosphere 

7th is realistic which would be beating some very talented and well taught corps

im so impressed 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, xbones7480 said:

just sayin...

Crossmen will be in the spot they deserve by the end of the season, whatever that is.  The fact that Crossmen have a chance to move up in placement again this year speaks to all the hard work being put in on the design and teaching side, as well as obviously the hard work of the members.

I don't think the Cadets are within reach.  But some corps are within reach that haven't been within reach in years.  When is the last time Crossmen beat Phantom or BK at a show? It could happen this year. The corps has been building the right way over the last few years and the corps is hopefully reestablishing itself as a lock for Saturday night.  It is hard to build each year (look at Academy this year); everyone is working hard trying to be their best.  It is a good time to be a Crossmen fan. :) 

• Like 2

Next weekend will be important for the Crossmen.  They will go head to head against Blue Stars, The Academy and Phantom. Five shows in a row.  It is going to get interesting.

Edited by dcifanforlife
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Next weekend will be important for the Crossmen.  They will go head to head against Blue Stars, The Academy and Phantom. Five shows in a row.  It is going to get interesting.

In my view, Crossmen is significantly better than all three. Will be disappointed if they don't finish top 7 this year.

A weird year. I normally think Crossmen are borderline finals-worthy. This show is incredible! In my top 7-8

7 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

Crossmen will be in the spot they deserve by the end of the season, whatever that is.  The fact that Crossmen have a chance to move up in placement again this year speaks to all the hard work being put in on the design and teaching side, as well as obviously the hard work of the members.

I think you also have to credit the organization as well for giving the members a fine enough experience to have pretty good member retention.  Up close, the corps looks like the average age of the member is older than in the past.

I like the recognition the corps getting this year.  The shows this coming weekend will give us a better look at where ALL the corps stand because we'll have some different match-ups.  One of the difficult things about moving up is the starting positions are determined by last year's placement.

The line-up in the upcoming Minnesota show is a good example with Phantom and Blue Stars coming on after an intermission.

7:33 p.m. Madison Scouts - Madison, WI
7:50 p.m. The Academy - Tempe, AZ
8:07 p.m. Crossmen - San Antonio, TX
8:24 p.m. Intermission
8:49 p.m. Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL
9:06 p.m. Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Edited by barigirl78

So I have seen the Crossmen live, watched practice twice and this corps is on it's game.  Three days of practice coming up and finally a full panel this weekend I belive. Last year they stalled for a week at this time and this time and I don't expect that to happen this year. The communication between the staff and the students is pretty impressive. I expect a top 7-8 finish this year.  They just got it going on.

• Like 3