Crossmen 2017

8 hours ago, cowtown said:

Think the season caught up with them, they came out really clean and strong but their show has a limited ceiling and isn’t achieving a ton of GE

I am worried you might be right, but hoping you are wrong.  I think the consensus last year was that the design staff could've asked the members to do more; some visual staff changed, and now there is worry the show is under-designed again.  I'm assuming some changes etc will be coming, but to be short on the GE stick in early July is no good and means you missed the boat in the off season.

And you cannot overcome poor design with good execution.  It just isn't possible on the sheets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

I am worried you might be right, but hoping you are wrong.  I think the consensus last year was that the design staff could've asked the members to do more; some visual staff changed, and now there is worry the show is under-designed again.  I'm assuming some changes etc will be coming, but to be short on the GE stick in early July is no good and means you missed the boat in the off season.

And you cannot overcome poor design with good execution.  It just isn't possible on the sheets.

This stinks. In the start of the tour scores were great. I had them battling it out with BAC and Cadets. WTH happened?!

Edited by 1corpsfan

28 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

This stinks. In the start of the tour scores were great. I had them battling it out with BAC and Cadets. WTH happened?!

They were never really in the same ball park as BAC or Cadets, at least according to the judges.

I believe there was another year somewhat recently the Crossmen were all by themselves in their score bracket early season and the hype train started, but then when they joined up with everyone, they were 3-4 places lower.  Same is happening this year.

Now, the season is still young, and there is time to make changes or convince the judges that what they are performing is worth more points, but everyone else will be doing the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

I'm going to look at this a little more analytically.  They aren't exactly "short on the GE stick".  Their ranking for GE 1--the GE that is judged by visual judges--is higher than their ranking for GE 2--the one with musical judges.  In GE 1, they are very competitive.  They are also competitive in the visual captions, particularly Visual Analysis.  The color guard has really blossomed the last few seasons towards the end.  If anything lags in the scoring, it's on the musical side and I believe this can be worked on.

I'm going to be more optimistic, I guess.  They beat Blue Stars in three captions last night (GE 1, VA, CG) and were within a tenth in Brass.  The sky is not falling.  If you look at their "repertoire/Content" scores in the captions they are lagging, they are much higher than their achievement scores.  Brass is a good example:  75 in Content, 70 in achievement.  With the exception of Color Guard, the Blue Stars gap was closer in all captions.

They haven't even come close to fully executing this show. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

I'm going to look at this a little more analytically.  They aren't exactly "short on the GE stick".  Their ranking for GE 1--the GE that is judged by visual judges--is higher than their ranking for GE 2--the one with musical judges.  In GE 1, they are very competitive.  They are also competitive in the visual captions, particularly Visual Analysis.  The color guard has really blossomed the last few seasons towards the end.  If anything lags in the scoring, it's on the musical side and I believe this can be worked on.

I'm going to be more optimistic, I guess.  They beat Blue Stars in three captions last night (GE 1, VA, CG) and were within a tenth in Brass.  The sky is not falling.  If you look at their "repertoire/Content" scores in the captions they are lagging, they are much higher than their achievement scores.  Brass is a good example:  75 in Content, 70 in achievement.  With the exception of Color Guard, the Blue Stars gap was closer in all captions.

They haven't even come close to fully executing this show. 

Great analysis. A true Lier.