Crossmen 2017

I still see and hear so many places for improvement in this show performance-wise.  For them to still be within a hair of Blue Stars with a run that had problems--snare drummer lost his snare!--is a sign they could move up.

The corps will be back in Texas and they have many Texan members.  In past years, they get a burst of energy performing for their families and friends.

32 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I still see and hear so many places for improvement in this show performance-wise.  For them to still be within a hair of Blue Stars with a run that had problems--snare drummer lost his snare!--is a sign they could move up.

The corps will be back in Texas and they have many Texan members.  In past years, they get a burst of energy performing for their families and friends.

There were a couple phasing issues last night too. Think it started during the trumpet duet. The second guy started late then seemed to rush through his part to catch up. Guess he was still winking at the camera and lost his place or something... ;) the next one happened as they were booking into the box before the ballot. Brass & drums totally out of sync there.

Edited by 1corpsfan

I think we'll see a few additions to the props once they get home to San Antonio. That should help visually.

20 hours ago, corps8294 said:

I'm sure both the Blue Stars and Crossmen were/are hoping for higher scores and placements this year; but the reality is that they are both going to be, more-than-likely, placing 10th and 11th come finals.  

it does look that way. noticeable gap to BK and PR

The new snare to replace the guy that left 4th of July should be on the field for the Houston show ,  now is just a matter of getting the injured horn players back on the field and contributing and recovering from the most miles this corps has done for the first month of the season in awhile. 

• Like 1

didn't realize they lost a snare player. that's a bummer for sure.  If a replacement is getting into the show in 2 weeks, kudos to that kid for lots of hard work. Can't hide in the drum line like you can in the hornline if you are thrown in during the middle of tour

• Like 2

7 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Regiment is now closer to the Blue Knights than the Blue Stars and Crossmen are to Regiment. 

And I'm sure Crossmen are 100% acoustic brass as well...tell Phantom they need to get THAT memo...SAD!

• Like 2