Crossmen 2017

1 hour ago, Doyle said:

So I have seen the Crossmen live, watched practice twice and this corps is on it's game.  Three days of practice coming up and finally a full panel this weekend I belive. Last year they stalled for a week at this time and this time and I don't expect that to happen this year. The communication between the staff and the students is pretty impressive. I expect a top 7-8 finish this year.  They just got it going on.

I tend to be a little bit more pessimistic, but I think finishing higher than last year is a definite possibility.  It's not going to be easy though.  

I think it's reasonable to assume they will be making some changes over the next three days.  Without any real knowledge, I will guess that it's the post-ballad portion that will get work.  They made changes on the earlier portion the last break.  The current ending is an old-school "get in an arc and blow their faces off" ending.  It's pleasing the crowd, but I'm sure the judges want a little more and the staff will be devising something.

going to be fun seeing how the first head to head shakes out in Minnie -

just went back and watched the Lynn show - fireworks were a nice addition - the cage props are a bit difficult to see -

I like the new uni's - the synth bass in the pit is a bit too much --

overall, the  music is a bit too dark and serious - wish some of the music was a bit more positive/Pat Metheny-ish

Don't think this show can pass Blue Stars guard and horns -

5 hours ago, Polonius said:

going to be fun seeing how the first head to head shakes out in Minnie -

just went back and watched the Lynn show - fireworks were a nice addition - the cage props are a bit difficult to see -

I like the new uni's - the synth bass in the pit is a bit too much --

overall, the  music is a bit too dark and serious - wish some of the music was a bit more positive/Pat Metheny-ish

Don't think this show can pass Blue Stars guard and horns -

They haven't had too many head-to-heads, but Crossmen have beaten Blue Stars twice in Brass.  They split on CG.  

If anything, percussion should be Blue Stars advantage.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 7:50 AM, soccerguy315 said:

my read right now is BK, Blue Stars, Phantom, and Crossmen in the 8-11 slots, and hard to tell where they fall in that.  Crossmen and Blue Stars have flopped back and forth so they are basically tied, and unclear on how Phantom and BK fit into that.  I would default to Phantom and BK ahead of Crossmen and Blue Stars, until proven otherwise.

I've seen BK and PR both live multiple times now. TBH I'm surprised that PR is even close to BK. I have a feeling that will change come full panel time. 

Just an early guestimation...BK should lead the bottom top 6 while phantom will struggle to keep up. It'll be VERY interesting this Saturday when Xmen PE and blue stars see each other. 

• Like 1

Curious to see what they've been working on the last three days. Wonder if we'll see a new ending.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, xbones7480 said:

Curious to see what they've been working on the last three days. Wonder if we'll see a new ending.

What I'm wondering is if they will work a maltese cross in this year's show.  It's a tradition and there isn't one yet.

2 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

What I'm wondering is if they will work a maltese cross in this year's show.  It's a tradition and there isn't one yet.

While, yes, the maltese cross has appeared in many shows, I wouldn't necessarily expect it. It hasn't been in the show since, 2014, I believe? I also wouldn't get too upset if it wasn't in there, either. While, yes, it would be nice to see, if it doesn't fit in, I wouldn't want it to be forced in. Maybe if they're "enhancing" the show as to where it's distorted in the maze section, and then it's full and clear in the answer, then sure. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Still a month left in the season, after all. A lot can happen.

1 hour ago, va9590jm said:

While, yes, the maltese cross has appeared in many shows, I wouldn't necessarily expect it. It hasn't been in the show since, 2014, I believe? I also wouldn't get too upset if it wasn't in there, either. While, yes, it would be nice to see, if it doesn't fit in, I wouldn't want it to be forced in. Maybe if they're "enhancing" the show as to where it's distorted in the maze section, and then it's full and clear in the answer, then sure. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Still a month left in the season, after all. A lot can happen.

Not true. 
Last year they made like 6 of them in the middle of their show.

Here's a video. It starts at 0:26

https://youtu.be/qulP41HFr-8

Edited by xbones7480

24 minutes ago, xbones7480 said:

Not true. 
Last year they made like 6 of them in the middle of their show.

Here's a video. It starts at 0:26

https://youtu.be/qulP41HFr-8

That's right, I completely forgot about that part. It was a late night last night and my brain is firing a little slow this morning. Thanks for correcting me on 2016.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, va9590jm said:

That's right, I completely forgot about that part. It was a late night last night and my brain is firing a little slow this morning. Thanks for correcting me on 2016.

That was really cool part.