Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

18 minutes ago, corpsband said:

So... BK will have the entire book written and learned by the end of April camp?   Guess they won't be marching under-time shows this season!

I really hope you're right.

Just now, corpsband said:

well that's their plan according to the 2nd video.

I thought that was the music book ... visual may be a whole different story, but regardless, let's keep our fingers crossed.

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

I thought that was the music book ... visual may be a whole different story, but regardless, let's keep our fingers crossed.

well the visual designers apparently are far ahead of the norm (for BK) too.  he made it pretty clear -- "if spring training started in apriil, we'd be able to put the whole show on the field."  (not an exact quote but that's the sense of it).

anyway -- clearly not going repeat last season's pattern.

1 minute ago, corpsband said:

well the visual designers apparently are far ahead of the norm (for BK) too.  he made it pretty clear -- "if spring training started in apriil, we'd be able to put the whole show on the field."  (not an exact quote but that's the sense of it).

anyway -- clearly not going repeat last season's pattern.

You're right! Sorry, I just now saw the second video. This sounds very promising!

Kudos to BK for putting out this video on their progress. I wish there was music clips. percussion clips, but nevertheless, it was appreciated hearing from them. Looks like they are focused to be ready with a  full show for their early June show competitions.

I'm glad to see Jordan, their former drum major from several years back who comes out of the Western Canada band programs, now taking an administrative lead with BK. I had the opportunity to meet and spend two contests with his parents who had flown from their home in Canada down to Loveland and Denver to be with their son. Later that same summer when BK was in the West Chester (PA) show I was given a further opportunity to work with him and his two podium assistants on leadership matters.. His dedication to BK, to excellence, and to his American friends remains impressive. Most DCPers would remember him for his height, his enthusiasm and zeal on the podium (think David Warren and Dean Patterson of PR) but wouldn't want to face him with his hockey blades on. And the big guy didn't say eh once!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...