Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

On 2/2/2017 at 7:45 PM, corpsband said:

well the visual designers apparently are far ahead of the norm (for BK) too.  he made it pretty clear -- "if spring training started in apriil, we'd be able to put the whole show on the field."  (not an exact quote but that's the sense of it).

anyway -- clearly not going repeat last season's pattern.

That's good news.

Last season, the corps director didn't sound thrilled about them not being finished. LOL

Just saw the ending for That One Second for the first time in what feels like months and man is it something else. I know they're going in a very different direction both stylistically and conceptually, but I really hope they get back to that level of execution and smile-effect. 

from what I have been hearing from members, BK is on Fire. Thats all i'm willing to say. I have also heard that their visual package is also being vamped.

Edited by TheDCIpilot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TheDCIpilot said:

from what I have been hearing from members, BK is on Fire. Thats all i'm willing to say.

While I hope that is true, I'm having flashbacks to last year when many people were saying the same thing and that the Percussion section would finish top 3 (they finished 9th).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

While I hope that is true, I'm having flashbacks to last year when many people were saying the same thing and that the Percussion section would finish top 3 (they finished 9th).

After last year I am VERY cautious.  I'm not saying they didn't do well but holy overhype batman.  

• Like 2

They posted on social media that they have a "Great Announcement" coming on Thursday at 7:58 PM. I'm hoping it's at least repertoire. I have a weird feeling about BK this year, in the best of ways. 

8 hours ago, TheDCIpilot said:

from what I have been hearing from members, BK is on Fire. Thats all i'm willing to say.

Can confirm. Awesome music and they're playing the crap out of it.