Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

5 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

I said TOUR experience 

Control yourself, it's a thread on social media.. As for your STATEMENT about tour experience, or corps experience, I would say the same thing.

So clearly I've given my opinion on my time and experience in DCI, I'm curious about yours? Where/when did you march? What was the food situation like?

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Finally saw Broken City Percussion's WGI show.....or at least heard the music for it.  

Blue Knights have one of the freshest voices in the activity in Mike Jackson, God I could listen to his writing and creations all day.  So tasteful, ethereal, and restrained in a beautiful way.  I wasn't a huge fan of the show last  year but the percussion writing, especially in the snares, was top notch.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My son works for Jackson at a couple schools and an independent line.  What is amazing is those two shots they play in BC.  super clean.  

I sure would like to see Roger Carter mov over the BK.  from what I hear their show is going to be really interesting this year.

Just now, 2muchcoffeeman said:

as a dino drummer, I'm embarrassed to ask what you mean here. BC?

Broken City (WGI group he writes for)

They had two incredibly exposed and ridiculously timed rim shots that the crowd went bonkers for this year.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

I went to show and tell yesterday.  Very nice.

1.  Guard showed off bits they are playing with.  Increased guard/hornline interaction.

2.  They played three music pieces...one of which showcases percussion.  That one is sure to get comments this year.

3.  They will be announcing in the next couple days.

I don't know the name of the show or the theme, but from the music selection, guard work and comments from Mark Arnold, this show is going to be their last three seasons on steroids.

Edited by Mycroft

4 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I went to show and tell yesterday.  Very nice.

1.  Guard showed off bits they are playing with.  Increased guard/hornline interaction.

2.  They played three music pieces...one of which showcases percussion.  That one is sure to get comments this year.

3.  They will be announcing in the next couple days.

I don't know the name of the show or the theme, but from the music selection, guard work and comments from Mark Arnold, this show is going to be their last three seasons on steroids.

From what I've heard both musically and thematically is it's very different from the last three? Have I been misinformed?

21 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

as a dino drummer, I'm embarrassed to ask what you mean here. BC?

Yes Broken City.  Those two shots sounded like one drum.  The crowd reacted also.  

I have heard that their music is really tough and "out there" stuff.

I know one of the bass drummers.  The other guy from the same school made BDA this year.

I really like the stuff Mike Jackson writes.