Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

1 minute ago, johnpendell said:

Noticed there hasn't been much chatter about the Blue Knights... this show by far has more substance and I really feel it won't disappoint this season! Unlike this time last year, they have WAY more on the field, about the same as every other corps I'm hearing about, and it's a step up in difficulty in all aspects.  Love the Björk especially, and their opener sets the mood for the show perfectly. Expect a very thought provoking and entertaining show. Wait till ya'll see the uniforms!!...

I loved BK in '14 and '15.   Last year, head scratcher.   I'm hoping for the best! 

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I loved BK in '14 and '15.   Last year, head scratcher.   I'm hoping for the best! 

I will say, it's VERY BK in terms of recent design, but after these past 3 years I think it's a smart decision to try to understand or interpret for lack of a better word their shows differently than you would, say, Phantom 2016. They're very unique in how they want to tell their story, so I think you gotta sort of approach it differently? If that makes sense. To me Blue Knights approach their shows the way a contemporary artist makes their art, very open to subjectivity, it's what YOU make out of it, and I'm fine with that. 

• Like 4

I saw whatever they had on the field at their open house picnic a few weeks back. They really had hit the ground running compared to last year. I won't say much about what I saw, mainly because I forgot most of it, but it's pretty much going to be Because 2.0 from what I've seen.

I feel like people are losing faith in them just because last year was a bit rough, and might think that will start backwards momentum, but that happens to a lot of corps the season after successful shows. They're taking a little simpler thematic approach to this show, but still maintaining the atmosphere that their last show executed so well

8 hours ago, friendwhale said:

I saw whatever they had on the field at their open house picnic a few weeks back. They really had hit the ground running compared to last year. I won't say much about what I saw, mainly because I forgot most of it, but it's pretty much going to be Because 2.0 from what I've seen.

I feel like people are losing faith in them just because last year was a bit rough, and might think that will start backwards momentum, but that happens to a lot of corps the season after successful shows. They're taking a little simpler thematic approach to this show, but still maintaining the atmosphere that their last show executed so well

In the end, I loved last year's show.  I know many complained about an unfinished show, but it was all well.  I am excited about seeing what they put out this year.

20 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I really liked the direction BK took in 2014, 2015 as it seemed to be a different path for them from the years preceding this. Plus, the quite different path of '2014, 2015 seemed to be really working for them too... with both judges and audiences alike. Both years had clear and coherent themes. They seemed to have taken a detour however last season in the type of shows they do. i'm hoping they are able to think about what it  was that allowed them to forge ahead in 2014, 2015 over the preceding years, and move forward with that knowledge to successfully navigate the future for themselves. I really loved the 2014,2015 productions from them, similar to you.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I'm a little confused why people found 2016 to be so much different from 2014 and 2015? Perhaps it was a bit more abstract, but really not that much more than 2014 and 2015 was

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'm a little confused why people found 2016 to be so much different from 2014 and 2015? Perhaps it was a bit more abstract, but really not that much more than 2014 and 2015 was

It's just my opinion.  It doesn't mean anything. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Don't feel confused. Some of us simply found the BK shows of 2014, 2015 quite different than 2016, thats all.  Personally, I found their 2016 show far more " abstract " than their 2014, 2015 productions. Terri and lots of others did too. You don't have to feel " confused " about this however. Its just how we saw the shows, thats all. You saw all 3 BK shows as pretty much all alike stylistically and " abstract wise ", and thats cool too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The main problem I had with the show was that the flow was disturbed by the Goldenthal medley, which felt as if it was forced in there. Very little of interest happened in that section both musically and visually. Also, they kept repeating the same soundtrack cue from Arrows of the Gods, which drove me crazy. In my opinion, they should have just played a fuller version of the first movement of Gorgon before the ballad.

Outside of that, I liked the show. Just thought that the Goldenthal medley felt like filler.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Don't feel confused. Some of us simply found the BK shows of 2014, 2015 quite different than 2016, thats all.  Personally, I found their 2016 show far more " abstract " than their 2014, 2015 productions. Terri and lots of others too. You don't have to feel " confused " about this however. Its just how we saw the shows, thats all. You saw all 3 shows as pretty much all alike, and thats cool too.

I was personally affected by the 2014 show because my mother had passed away in April.  I cried my eyes out every time I watched Blue Knights.  I was deeply moved. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 5