All 3 DM's... " where the heck is that Troopers DM.. we can't see him yet ! "

Edited by BRASSO

37 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

All 3 DM's... " where the heck is that Troopers DM.. we can't see him yet ! "

Or, all three corps say to Troopers' DM:

"Where are you?"

Edited by MikeRapp

1 hour ago, Forevergreen said:

Not really understanding why PR was scored higher yesterday.  GE wise there is a lot more going on in BK's show.

The color guard judge slapped BK upside the head.  Rated them 13th.  GE1 and 2 judges split.  BK beat PR decisively in all of music.

http://recaps.competitionsuite.com/27bab4af-bd0d-414f-8ebe-501fe59fae8d.htm

• Like 1

22 hours ago, henry7184 said:

What a performance tonight. I love this show more and more with each passing day, and I will never know what it's about and I don't care.

I agree with you, except I know what it's about.  BK makes the theme quite clear in my i / I / eye.  ;-)

Edited by Mycroft

32 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

The color guard judge slapped BK upside the head.  Rated them 13th.  GE1 and 2 judges split.  BK beat PR decisively in all of music.

http://recaps.competitionsuite.com/27bab4af-bd0d-414f-8ebe-501fe59fae8d.htm

Oh, I thought he poked them in the "I".

Ouch.

Edited by xandandl

I just came back from volunteering with them, and what an experience.  The mm's are so into that show.  Their best performance this past week was the Houston TOC show.  They came out on fire after the rain delay.  It would have been so easy to lose the energy going into a delayed start.  There were a few hiccups on Saturday - electronics on snare solo and mellophone solo.  One or two over enthusiastic members coming in a quarter beat too soon in Hide and Seek.  Still, a solid performance.

The staff there are awesome.  Sure they criticize when it is needed, but I have never heard so many compliments to the members, followed by instruction on how to make it even better.  It is such a positive but challenging environment to grow as a performer.  

To be honest, I wonder if the judges, particularly the guard judge(s), are not sure what to do with them in some cases.  Brass line members are spinning flags and have choreography that is more guard like than most corps.  Although I did hear (second/third hand - grain of salt) that a visual judge this past week indicated they were not doing ENOUGH choreography! Like I said, grain of salt, but I heard it from multiple mm's.  

I know there are changes coming.  That being said, I love this show (and not just because my daughter is aging out there).  Every year one show sticks with me, and this is it.  Can't wait to see where it goes!  Going to be tough using Flo Marching between now and Indy...

• Like 2

Thank you for helping take care of the kids.  I've never been able to volunteer, but with a 2 year BK vet in the family I sure do appreciate all of you who can.  I tip my hat to every one of you.

It's good to get a perspective from someone "on the ground", so to speak.  I agree that the judges probably have a hard time scoring the guard because the guard and the rest of the corps are so tightly integrated.  We'll just have to wait and see if the judges can adapt or not.