Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

So 2015 is quickly ascending as one of my all time favorite shows.....I feel like it did for me what 2016 did for other people.  Totally unconventional show pacing, amazingly unique percussion book that I think was way better layered into the brass book than 2016, and their hornline had an incredibly unique sound to them.....REALLY dark and piercing.  I'm not sure if I haven't watched the show on high cam but the peakaboos and some of the REALLY fast flag changes they do with those mirrors was something that is VERY cool.  And that color palette......woah.  I think musically this is easily one of my favorite selections/parts of a show in my time following the activity.  Particularly the first minute.  

I know I was a vocal critic of 2016 but that doesn't mean that they are not someone I'm really excited to see.  

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

So 2015 is quickly ascending as one of my all time favorite shows.....I feel like it did for me what 2016 did for other people.  Totally unconventional show pacing, amazingly unique percussion book that I think was way better layered into the brass book than 2016, and their hornline had an incredibly unique sound to them.....REALLY dark and piercing.  I'm not sure if I haven't watched the show on high cam but the peakaboos and some of the REALLY fast flag changes they do with those mirrors was something that is VERY cool.  And that color palette......woah.  I think musically this is easily one of my favorite selections/parts of a show in my time following the activity.  Particularly the first minute.  

I know I was a vocal critic of 2016 but that doesn't mean that they are not someone I'm really excited to see.  

I think everybody knows that I am not a huge fan of BK.  However, the closer in that show was something to behold.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

It's between that and 2014 for my favorite BK show of the past decade, and quite possibly all time. 2015 was deeper and gave me more chills, but 2014 was more emotional and audience-friendly. I hope in 2017 they recapture the impact these two shows had on me while also deviating a bit from the recent past in terms of show design.

• Like 2

Have heard maybe more than half the show already, roomies a Blue Knight, I get some good inside info. Very different stuff this year, while retaining a bit of the BK style we've become accustomed to in these past couple years. With respect to the corps in not wanting to give away too much, I'll just say that  the whole 2014-16 trilogy is done with. Should be interesting :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

Have heard maybe more than half the show already, roomies a Blue Knight, I get some good inside info. Very different stuff this year, while retaining a bit of the BK style we've become accustomed to in these past couple years. With respect to the corps in not wanting to give away too much, I'll just say that  the whole 2014-16 trilogy is done with. Should be interesting :) 

Im excited now, that sounds cool.

10 hours ago, johnpendell said:

Will they complete the show before August this year? I respect not giving info, but I think that might be something that could be shared publicly.

34 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Will they complete the show before August this year? I respect not giving info, but I think that might be something that could be shared publicly.

With the issues they had for an incomplete show for weeks last year, a completed show in June must be high on their to do list.

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

With the issues they had for an incomplete show for weeks last year, a completed show in June must be high on their to do list.

I certainly would think, and hope so.

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

Obviously I can't guarantee anything we'll really just have to see, but I know that the disdain a lot of people had with an incomplete show didn't go unnoticed and BK is definitely going to be more efficient this season. I feel they didn't care about having a full show if their full show was going to be changed every week, they wanted to perfect as they went. Not sure if this technique will be completely thrown out, it'll be tweaked for sure though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...