Favorite "lost" drum corps moments?

Please post the link to a video of the 75 Muchachos.

I've always been curious about this story. Did the directors not know they were overage? How was it revealed?

Please post the link to a video of the 75 Muchachos.

Looks like music only. I edit if I find the show marching and music together.

Here you go:

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

I always loved the original way Crown got from Candide to their opening hit in 2008. They tried out this "false ending" where they ended Candide like normal, four gooks from anchor bass, they started marching off the field like they were leaving, then turned backfield, played the lead up to the hit, six counts of silence for a turn to the front, and then ... BOOM. Opening hit. I thought it was really great, but it didn't really fit. It took away from the momentum ... and doing it the way they eventually did it was MUCH more effective.

• Like 1

I always loved the original way Crown got from Candide to their opening hit in 2008. They tried out this "false ending" where they ended Candide like normal, four gooks from anchor bass, they started marching off the field like they were leaving, then turned backfield, played the lead up to the hit, six counts of silence for a turn to the front, and then ... BOOM. Opening hit. I thought it was really great, but it didn't really fit. It took away from the momentum ... and doing it the way they eventually did it was MUCH more effective.

I would love to see this somehow....

The original ending to Cadets 2008. After all the drill craziness, there was a soft ending, complete with a smiley face that actually winked. I have the recording from Allentown, and I believe that might have been the last show where that ending was performed. At the time it was cut, Cadets competitive outcome was already pretty much decided. Hop stated that the change was made to give the members an opportunity to finish by facing the screaming crowd at the front of the field.

After that, it wasn't until 2013 that Cadets actually used a soft ending at finals.