Favorite "lost" drum corps moments?

Edited by UKSuperman

I've always been curious about this story. Did the directors not know they were overage? How was it revealed?

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/155358-the-hawthorne-muchachos-what-really-happened/?hl=muchachos

Above is link to discussion on the historical section, starts with a discussion be Dennis Delucia ('chachos drum instructor). Quite a tale - even involves a murder (of Garfield's DM) & a former Cavalier who was convicted for impersonating a physician (I am not making this up)

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/155358-the-hawthorne-muchachos-what-really-happened/?hl=muchachos

Above is link to discussion on the historical section, starts with a discussion be Dennis Delucia ('chachos drum instructor). Quite a tale - even involves a murder (of Garfield's DM) & a former Cavalier who was convicted for impersonating a physician (I am not making this up)

Well that was a truly bizarre read. And now I have so many what-ifs going through my mind.

The 1975 Kilties definitely had one overage member. This I know for a fact.

Or the permanently lost moment - 76 Crossmen at DCI Championships.

What happened to Crossmen in 76? More murders?

Thank you JJ. Maybe Kamarag will come through with a better copy since it's "really not lost".

I know, right? I've the DVDs up to 1991, then VHS for a decade, then back to DVD/Bluray, but I'd like to see shows that didn't make finals too.

Too many shows are lost.

I am a bit partial to the original 1980 SCV concert piece, "Caravan", penned by Stan Kenton's arranger, Dave Barduhn. And then there's "Stone Ground Seven", complete with the brass parts arranged by Fred Sanford and Ralph Hardimon.

Both can be heard on the CD "State of the Art", which was recorded mid-season at the Concord Pavilion.