Buccaneers Could Lose Practice Location

Man... that would suck. The end of an era, if it happens.

We are fortunate to have tremendous support in the community, which includes the generous use of that space for as long as we have. We will be fine.

We are fortunate to have tremendous support in the community, which includes the generous use of that space for as long as we have. We will be fine.

Absolutely the corps will be fine. Just feeling a bit of nostalgia here. LOL.

yeah end of an era for sure. I have no doubt Bucs will continue to thrive, but a lot of magic was created there

Comforting to see Tom Moore posting here! What's that old slogan. . . . "You're in good hands with Tommy Moore?"

When I started marching Buccaneers, the corps practiced at the Reading Airport, too. Back then, we used the concrete aprons outside the corporate hangers. Before my time, the Bucs practiced a few blocks off downtown on the Acme Market parking lot! The solution here might actually be hard!

Thanks Northern Thunder for posting this for two reasons.

1. Sometimes readers know people who know people who might open some doors to the corps which is already well respected for its style and achievement.

2. How nice it is to read an article that doesn't present practicing drum corps or bands as a problem. Way too many of the nay sayers. This author presents the corps as a treasure which should be prized. Kudos to the author.

Edited by xandandl