"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

WE know all that....the Fuse audience does not....give away the ending and you lose the audience.

But this is not 1980 anymore...waiting for the next drum corps world paper to come out to see results...but I see your point...

But this is not 1980 anymore...waiting for the next drum corps world paper to come out to see results...but I see your point...

Funny. This reminds me that every time we watch a show or movie that is a biopic or "based on true events" my wife is always compelled to do a quick Wikipedia read before the show is over.

Funny. This reminds me that every time we watch a show or movie that is a biopic or "based on true events" my wife is always compelled to do a quick Wikipedia read before the show is over.

Tom Hanks seems to have done well by such films: Apollo 13, Captain Phillips, Sully, and some others.

• Like 1

Tom Hanks seems to have done well by such films: Apollo 13, Captain Phillips, Sully, and some others.

Yes. I wasn't implying differently.

You'll note that I said she wikis after we start watching. :D

I think you have to wait.

But, isn't there a Fuse TV app?

There is, but from what I understand you have to already have a subscription to a cable provider in order to watch any shows on it. It will ask you to verify who your provider is when you try to watch anything. I know this because I downloaded it yesterday to see if I would be able to watch the shows on it...this is what I get for relying on Netflix for all my entertainment.

Edited by TroopAlum12
  • Like 1

I saw the first episode. It was quite well done IMO

They really set up the drama of trying to "make it" and I can't believe we have cliffhangers ending episode 1

Of the new season of Empire. :silly:

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

So I downloaded this app to my phone...cool I hope it works...crossing fingers :)

I couldn't help but read the show description...I'm not sure if this was addressed/pointed out previously or not...but it just seems a bit inaccurate...but perhaps it's how you read the description I guess...

"Executive Producer Dwayne Johnson is here to kick some brass with his new show Clash of the Corps. Go inside the competitive world of Drum Corps International and follow rivals, The Cadets and Blue Devils as they battle it out for the championship title. Who will win? Let the marching...clashing begin!"

The cadets were not battling out for any title...they were never in any contention for it for that matter...and well this was not a 3-peat win for Blue Devils either although they were in contention......I just feel this could have been worded a bit differently is all...

The line regarding "Cadets and BD battling it out.....who will win" was used long before the competitive season started in June........it was most likely used to pitch the overall show to executives....and was also used almost a year ago when it was announced that this series was going to happen.

And yes Bluecoats won this year but that doesn't mean the premise and quality of the show wouldn't be good. Nobody knew in when this documentary series was first under production how the season would turn out. But if you think about it closely and logically.....it makes perfect sense to use Cadets and BD......they are the 2 corps with the most championship wins...so when looking at the overall history of the activity, corps etc... they were good choices to follow.

Edited by dbg

The line regarding "Cadets and BD battling it out.....who will win" was used long before the competitive season started in June........it was most likely used to pitch the overall show to executives....and was also used almost a year ago when it was announced that this series was going to happen.

And yes Bluecoats won this year but that doesn't mean the premise and quality of the show wouldn't be good. Nobody knew in when this documentary series was first under production how the season would turn out. But if you think about it closely and logically.....it makes perfect sense to use Cadets and BD......they are the 2 corps with the most championship wins...so when looking at the overall history of the activity, corps etc... they were good choices to follow.

I suspect Bloo will get at least a mention or two before the finals results are shown...winning your first title IS a big deal.

Hoping for an aside re Academy as well....long shot, I know.