"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

Anybody watching?

Anybody watching?

I'm watching!! Missed the preview last night on Facebook.

So far, so good. Hope it continues!

Just finished watching. Well done. It's very interesting how Hopkins early on struggled on the new concept of going more theatrical. He's old school to his approach of drum corps but probably knows today's shows are more staging and threaten than just drill.

Of course, I feel like I flipped to the last page and already know whodunit. But, still going to watch.

I got to watch for free via the Fuse App on my iPad. BTW. interesting on episode 2 the members of The Cadets struggled to explain the show concept. Really hard to sell a program when the performers don't quite get the show. The results spoke for themselves. Like the previous 2 seasons, talent had to overcome show concept.

• Like 1

I got to watch for free via the Fuse App on my iPad. BTW. interesting on episode 2 the members of The Cadets struggled to explain the show concept. Really hard to sell a program when the performers don't quite get the show. The results spoke for themselves. Like the previous 2 seasons, talent had to overcome show concept.

Obviously, that stood out in light of how we know the season went.

What I noticed was that leadership knew it was "a visual mess" four days before the first show.

I really wish they had included Bluecoats in the show. Would have been fascinating to compare and contrast those two seasons.

My main issue with the show is that they spend no time explaining what we are looking at. As an example, people don't understand what "guard" is, and even more what the big deal is with what they are being asked to do. No explanation of the music they are performing, it's challenge, etc. I'm left sort of wondering what exactly is going on here.