"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

Not going to waste a dime on HULU! That place is garbage.

If you notice the look on Arjun's face when they are highlighting Brandon he doesn't look happy.

He made the #1 open class line which won high drums at age 14 and then got a silver with Bluecoats at 15 so I can feel his frustrations. Arjun is a monster!

HULU is amazing. I spend the extra bucks a month to get rid of the ads and add Showtime. So worth it.

• Like 4

Overnights are released at 4PM ET to Nielsen subscribers (e.g. The network and ad agencies). There is a website called TV By the Numbers that releases cable ratings, but they only get the top rated shows. You can look to see if it made the list.

I watched the "hourlong" version and i took more away from it than seeing just the one segment and was able to connect a little bit more to it.

(Full disclosure: I did watch the Facebook thing on my iPhone and the screen was covered with floating hearts)

As others said, the relative disarray of the Cadets show development is communicated pretty well.

I am wondering if the producers and network even want to do this show for another season. If they did, they'd have to start filming in November and probably would have to be reaching out to corps now to lay the groundwork.

My understanding is there is already a renewal clause in the initial contract - as one would expect

The fact that a CG captain could walk out and come back a week later...that's pretty shocking to me.

Fortunately or unfortunately, we've already seen the different style of leadership between Cadets and BD. BD has a plan, led by planners. Cadets has George "making it up as we go," which is almost exactly what he said in the second show. I found that to be absolutely nuts. I know that probably isn't accurate in reality, but the fact that George saw a show this large and this complex as, fundamentally, a work in process says why George should not be the show director. You can already see how unfair that is to the kids, who already look a little like lambs thrown to the wolves.

Hate to say it, but to me, I can already see why BD has won so many titles in a row, and Cadets has been in such disarray. Based on what you've seen already, who would you rather work for, Scott or George?

A lot of what you post is laughable

The CG captain - there's a lot of context. They inferred some of it. Some of it is understandably private. That's why they "walked out and came back" -- CONTEXT that you're unaware of

Cadets actually have 22 titles. BD has an amazing 17 during the DCI era. Cadets are one of the historically most efficient and best designed corps there is. You seem to base all your statements on the past 7 years or so. No other organization come competitively close to these 2. That's why they are featured. Cavaliers come close - and folks here were writing them off last year.

Coats/Crownies folks seem to want to view the entire activity withing the prism of a few years. It's important to remember, as great as they currently are, they have one title each. They may win others, they may not. But putting them in the league of BD/Cadets or even Cavaliers/SCV/Regiment/etc is really ridiculous

MANY of the brass rehearsal strategies and methods came out of BD. Modern visual ensemble rehearsal and design almost completely came out of Cadets. Cadets/BD marching and teaching alumns dominate the rest of the activity - and the band activity - to a ridiculous %. Modern arrangement came out of Cadets/BD & SCV. Drill design dominated by Cades/BD/Cavaliers

Hopkins has played an extremely vital and central role in much of this. The man is a lot of things, but he isn't just blindly throwing darts at a board. You should hardly decide "who to work for" based on 39 minutes of a reality show. IMO

The show was quite entertaining I thought. Can't we all just enjoy the ride?

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

What is the average rating for a show on that network? Do they have any shows that break a one or even a to share?

Break a 1 rating? No. They don't even have shows that break a 0.1 rating.

I don't know what their exact average is, but it's below what Clash got.

BTW, there are shows on the major networks that don't get a 1 rating these days "same day". They usually pick up delayed viewers, though.

What is the average rating for a show on that network? Do they have any shows that break a one or even a to share?

Break a 1 rating? No. They don't even have shows that break a 0.1 rating.

I don't know what their exact average is, but it's below what Clash got.

BTW, there are shows on the major networks that don't get a 1 rating these days "same day". They usually pick up delayed viewers, though.

A lot of what you post is laughable

The CG captain - there's a lot of context. They inferred some of it. Some of it is understandably private. That's why they "walked out and came back" -- CONTEXT that you're unaware of

Cadets actually have 22 titles. BD has an amazing 17 during the DCI era. Cadets are one of the historically most efficient and best designed corps there is. You seem to base all your statements on the past 7 years or so. No other organization come competitively close to these 2. That's why they are featured. Cavaliers come close - and folks here were writing them off last year.

Coats/Crownies folks seem to want to view the entire activity withing the prism of a few years. It's important to remember, as great as they currently are, they have one title each. They may win others, they may not. But putting them in the league of BD/Cadets or even Cavaliers/SCV/Regiment/etc is really ridiculous

MANY of the brass rehearsal strategies and methods came out of BD. Modern visual ensemble rehearsal and design almost completely came out of Cadets. Cadets/BD marching and teaching alumns dominate the rest of the activity - and the band activity - to a ridiculous %. Modern arrangement came out of Cadets/BD & SCV. Drill design dominated by Cades/BD/Cavaliers

Hopkins has played an extremely vital and central role in much of this. The man is a lot of things, but he isn't just blindly throwing darts at a board. You should hardly decide "who to work for" based on 39 minutes of a reality show. IMO

The show was quite entertaining I thought. Can't we all just enjoy the ride?

I'm curious what your personal contribution has been to those 22 titles.

GH has episode 2 on his Facebook page. Thank you! Mariah was prom queen, Victor came back, and I remember Marshall and his mom from C2. Made me sad to think of her passing. And the snare kid in BD said you're done in the activity at 22. True for DCI but there's still DCA.

i laughed seeing you two on screen LOL

perfect. if I was a kid on the fence...i'd be hooked. and thats what this is for......those kids. knowing people tied to both teams last summer, what you saw was spot on.