"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

I thought it was an odd creative choice to not have both corps' opening competitions in the same episode, but it will probably work given what I think will happen next week with the Cadets' shaky first competition contrasted with the Devils breezing through their first shows.

Well, they say that it was BD's first performance but actually it wasn't. Fresno, Sacramento and Stanford were the weekend before.

Well, they say that it was BD's first performance but actually it wasn't. Fresno, Sacramento and Stanford were the weekend before.

Nice catch (and memory). I guess they felt a show at the famous Rose Bowl had more cache.

These minor details are not a big deal.

In the first episodes they had footage they stated was BD spring training, but it they were really in Minneapolis. Oh well.

The Cadets performance was their preview show at the end of camp. Next week's episode shows them at the DCI Premier show at LOS...of course we will probably see very little of the performance.

Have to admit that I find it very disappointing to see a show about drum and bugle corps where you don't get to hear (or very seldom) a drum and bugle corps.

If there are 8 episodes then next week marks the half way point.

It's disappointing to us, but the fact is, the show's reason for being is not to show cause and effect for these two corps. It's to show the day to day life of a marching member, that includes live performance.

What discourages me is there has been no advertising whatsoever by DCI in the show. How in the world can that be a good marketing decision?

Personally, I am hoping we see more behind the scenes meetings and discussions about show design. But since neither Scott nor George have been chosen as character studies, that's not likely to happen.

Does it seem as though they are specifically avoiding revealing where corps members previously marched? Seems odd to me that every time a member starts talking about how they are "now" marching for Cadets or BD, you never hear where they previously marched. Why would that be?

Does it seem as though they are specifically avoiding revealing where corps members previously marched? Seems odd to me that every time a member starts talking about how they are "now" marching for Cadets or BD, you never hear where they previously marched. Why would that be?

On the forwhatit'sworth scale, the young man who plays trumpet for Cadets, came from Troopers.

The producers probably don't think it's as interesting a detail as you do.

• Like 2

The producers probably don't think it's as interesting a detail as you do.

I tend to think they don't want to open a DCI can of worms for those viewers who don't know anything about drum corps. They clearly want to keep the story line as a clash of TWO SPECIFIC corps.