"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

John Mackey posted on FB, according to a couple of other people, that the producers acquired the rights for his music that the Cadets used, and that for BD they have rights to the Bieber (!!!) spot and their original music.Maybe they are saving the actual performance soundtrack for the final episode. *shrug*

Few love drum corps as much as I do, and honestly I am getting almost nothing out of this series. I even forgot to watch it the last two weeks. I don't know what is missing, but there just seems to be no "there" there for some reason. I really don't feel like I am missing anything by not watching.

I think it's that drum corps is all about the live performance of the show. To make it about anything other than that is a let down. Most of the "drama" has little to do with the actual music or performance. And all the angst about performance leads to, wait for it, no actual showing of performance.

I truly appreciate what they have been trying to do, but BD360 is a million times more interesting and compelling to me.

• Like 3

Honestly, I'm getting nothing out of this show.

And that is probably an accurate feeling that not only D&BC fans/alumni are thinking, but those who have no clue of D&BC stopped watching weeks ago. The sponsors must really be disappointed.

• Like 1

Yea Mike Rapp I agree and have only seen the first two. From what I hear they are not painting Cadets in a very good light. They deserve respect as our nations oldest and highest rewarded.

Yea Mike Rapp I agree and have only seen the first two. From what I hear they are not painting Cadets in a very good light. They deserve respect as our nations oldest and highest rewarded.

Well, given their relatively low placement this year, with the 'stuff' that everybody here has commented on during the season, I am not surprised with how they are editing the show. Don't forget, they have hundreds of hours of footage (or more) that are being putting together to create a story, and they know in advance what is going to happen at champs. I think they are creating a Cadet narrative flow that will lead them to 6th place.

They don't owe Cadets anything but a true representation of what happened—and many would even argue against that. Cadets were their own worst enemy.

• Like 3

I know some here are getting very little out of this show. I am one of those as well. However, my daughter is enjoying it a little bit. She recently turned 14 and is interested in DC guard in the future. She just joined her HS Band color guard and is doing OK for having zero experience. The Clash is giving her a little insight to DC summer life she otherwise would have no knowledge of. So far nothing has scared her off, but neither Cadets or BD is grabbing her interest. She has always liked Phantom and Boston. So who knows where she'll go with this.

For me, I can't put my finger on what's missing but someone I think described it well a few posts ago...there's no there, there.

• Like 2