"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

But they FuseTV schedule has the show running from 11-12. I was under the impression that the episodes are supposed to be an hour long.

30 minute episodes, maybe they are showing 2 each week. Honestly haven't looked into it that way

I thought it was great, though it is a bit bizarre to be seeing these personalities that I've been familiar with for so long presented in this mass-market, fast-cut style for the general public. I kept going..."am I really seeing this?!" LOL

You can see how they are shaping the story already and anyone wondering if the Cadets' drama will be presented...well, wonder no more! It looks like a setup for the rough start, hard-### instructors, and unhappy kids at the beginning that will then resolve itself positively by the end. But, since they ultimately didn't place well, and the guard dropped even more than last year, it will be interesting to see how they present all of it.

I'm excited about the how and am thrilled that they are including depth like BD's show is about Shakespeare, etc.

• Like 2

Having spent a good amount of time around these wonderful kids, it was very realistic and well done.

agree - it was so honest and real... really great to see

I even got the vibe from the BD moments of what a juggernaut they've become in comparsion to the Cadets moments were you really got the sense of the rich history but a bit of an underdog tone

I suspect that theme will play out in part 2 where the Cadets took 3rd in the debut in Indy

• Like 1

thought episodes were 60 mins (well 42 mins) as well.

it's an 8 part 30 minute docuseries and they are showing the first TWO episodes tomorrow night - tonight we just saw part one

The eight-part, 30-minute docuseries chronicles the blood, sweat and tears behind the scenes and on the road in the fast, ultra-competitive, high-energy world of Drum Corps International, known as “Marching Music’s Major League.” Clash of the Corps follows DCI’s two most historically successful corps, the Cadets from Pennsylvania and the Blue Devils from Northern California, who have been battling it out for the World Championship title or the past 20 years.

Clash of the Corps is executive produced by Seven Bucks Productions’ Johnson, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia and Brian Gewirtz along with 44 Blue Productions’ Rasha Drachkovitch. Its first two episodes premiere October 5 on Fuse, starting at 11 PM.

http://deadline.com/2016/09/dwayne-johnson-clash-of-the-corps-facebook-premiere-fuse-1201828573/

it's an 8 part 30 minute docuseries and they are showing the first TWO episodes tomorrow night - tonight we just saw part one

http://deadline.com/2016/09/dwayne-johnson-clash-of-the-corps-facebook-premiere-fuse-1201828573/

It's too bad the show doesn't get a prime-time slot...going on a 11pm

It's too bad the show doesn't get a prime-time slot...going on a 11pm

They thing is - as others have pointed out here - they measure or determination of "success" on FUSE at 11pm - hurdle is quite low. Their advertising contracts etc should be met with a modest audience

Frankly if the audience grows they will renew it as long as it meets basic, modest thresholds. Need to get the bando kids all watching it.

It's a very low budget series so a modest audience and some sense of "success" from it - be it artistic or ratings/feedback - and it should be in good shape IMO

I thought it went as well as one could hope, but I do hope we hear more music and playing as the series continues.

Bet moment is when th BD guard reminisces about her sister. Well done, Dwayne.

They thing is - as others have pointed out here - they measure or determination of "success" on FUSE at 11pm - hurdle is quite low. Their advertising contracts etc should be met with a modest audience

Frankly if the audience grows they will renew it as long as it meets basic, modest thresholds. Need to get the bando kids all watching it.

It's a very low budget series so a modest audience and some sense of "success" from it - be it artistic or ratings/feedback - and it should be in good shape IMO

I was just thinking that they'd have a bigger audience at prime-time...was just hoping for the best exposure...I'm outside their target audience (18 to 34 y/o) anyway...but I really liked the program...

Edited by Liahona

I thought it went as well as one could hope, but I do hope we hear more music and playing as the series continues.

Bet moment is when th BD guard reminisces about her sister. Well done, Dwayne.

I'm getting the feeling it's focus is more on all of the other aspects of drum corps versus the actual music and playing itself...