"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

In advertising media buying, "Prime" is defined differently in cable than in broadcast TV. In cable, "Prime" is 7PM to Midnight.

Some of cable's most successful shows for Adults 18-34 air between 11 PM and Midnight(ET), where they compete with local news on broadcast.

Adult Swim programs are a prime example.

thanks for the clarification...like I said far from TV expert.

Edited by Liahona

Did anyone else find Hopkins' comment about Cadets and BD being as different from each other as possible sort of...I don't know...

Do you know what he means by that?

I don't know if the number includes people who started the video but didn't finish, but Facebook says Johnson's video was viewed 693K times.

That would be a hit if it were a Cable TV rating.

• Like 1

rehearsal, motivation techniques, and corps vibe and mentality are different. (as defined to me by a friend who marched both corps consecutively)

• Like 2

I don't know if the number includes people who started the video but didn't finish, but Facebook says Johnson's video was viewed 693K times.

Well I watched it about 600k times now so.... ;-)

Edited by George Dixon

rehearsal, motivation techniques, and corps vibe and mentality are different. (as defined to me by a friend who marched both corps consecutively)

But is that what George is speaking to? I got the impression he was speaking about show style and subject matter—but I realize they cut this stuff up any way they want to make a point.

439,279 Watched it Live

• Like 1

439,279 Watched it Live

Somewhere in this thread someone said that measurable viewership of something approaching 100,000 would be stellar. Your numbers would make it a blowout success, wouldn't they?

I'd like to know your sources of this number (not a challenge, just anxiously curious). And I'm wondering if there's any data about how many of these eyeballs are "friends" of The Rock (subscribers, etc) and how many are new eyeballs - presumably viewers logging on specifically to see this show.

Basically no two corps are alike beyond being a drum corps...