"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

Okay, so I'm old and going hard of hearing. I watch TV with Closed Captioning turned on.

I was benignly watching the "Prom" segment when the caption said "rhythmic squeaking ". There are a couple of people in a dorm hallway quietly listening at a door where "rhythmic squeaking" can be heard.

I thought I'd share that.

Edited by Cavie74
  • Like 1

The fact that a CG captain could walk out and come back a week later...that's pretty shocking to me.

Fortunately or unfortunately, we've already seen the different style of leadership between Cadets and BD. BD has a plan, led by planners. Cadets has George "making it up as we go," which is almost exactly what he said in the second show. I found that to be absolutely nuts. I know that probably isn't accurate in reality, but the fact that George saw a show this large and this complex as, fundamentally, a work in process says why George should not be the show director. You can already see how unfair that is to the kids, who already look a little like lambs thrown to the wolves.

Hate to say it, but to me, I can already see why BD has won so many titles in a row, and Cadets has been in such disarray. Based on what you've seen already, who would you rather work for, Scott or George?

Hearing George talk on the show design sounds eerily similar to the designer commentary included in the DCI dvds from the Jethro Tull show.

• Like 1

i think they're making a show about people, using the activity as the medium. i don't think its meant to be a drum corps documentary, but instead reality tv, showing memberships struggles with adversity in a format similar to Friday Night tykes or Dance Moms, or even Deadliest Catch. relationships and struggles. the activity is superfluous. I don't think we are going to see much music or performances.

i agree. I do think they'll delve a bit more into drama as it continues.

The show got a .04 rating among 18-49s. It did a little bit better in the 35-64 age group.

No time for analysis, but it did better than Everyone Hates Chris repeats, at least.

This is all "same day" viewing. Remains to be seen if there is a lift in "delayed" viewing.

• Like 2

Okay, so I'm old and going hard of hearing. I watch TV with Closed Captioning turned on.

I was benignly watching the "Prom" segment when the caption said "rhythmic squeaking ". There are a couple of people in a dorm hallway quietly listening at a door where "rhythmic squeaking" can be heard.

I thought I'd share that.

LMAO! Thanks for sharing!