"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

Plus, all of those shows like Survivor etc....have a huge pool of applicants to draw from, and they carefully select people they know will generate 'entertainment'.

Eh, I don't see this as a huge issue. Each corps has over 150 kids to choose from.

Plus, remember that many of these kids change corps from one year to the next. It would be pretty interesting to see someone march at Cadets this year, and Crown next year.

I will say that, if the show continues, having to work around showing little to no performance would be a deal killer for me were I the producers.

I don't follow or watch the summer band circuits anymore. Nor have I seen this show.

What I can say is if this show gets picked up after the initial 6 its going to be hard to have any longevity on TV. The reason why is the cast of characters will move on in real life and there really wont be any central characters for viewers to identify with.

Its not like survivor or anything where people can just catch up in 2 min with a entire new cast every year.

if you're still reading and posting on DCP you "follow" and / or watch the summer band circuit, as you like to call it.

• Like 1

I have to say that if I was producing a show like this, I wouldn't show much of the shows until the final episode.

I'd just do snippets until then.

However, the format doesn't allow for complete shows. I'd just do whatever moments in the show conclude the characters' stories.

• Like 2

I have to say that if I was producing a show like this, I wouldn't show much of the shows until the final episode.

However, the format doesn't allow for complete shows. I'd just do whatever moments in the show conclude the characters' stories.

Completely agree!

I thought I'd start a new thread with the show's current title for the discussion of the actual show.

The TV Listings for October 5th are available and this is what it says as a description of the first episode: (Source: Zap2It.com)

Clash of the Corps
PREMIERE
NEW
S01, E01

The Blue Devils and The Cadets struggle with auditions, training, and anxiety, but still find time to party.

So I was able to watch the Facebook preview and then the show on Fuse from 11 - midnight (eastcoast hours) on Wednesday night. I think the overall quality of what they are doing is very good. My only criticism would be I think they jumped around to much and I wonder how much the 'non-drum corps/band' fan could grasp. I mean I know the attention span of people today is that of a ferret on a double espresso but even with that...I think they jammed to much in.

Curious to see where it goes from here.....

• Like 1

So I was able to watch the Facebook preview and then the show on Fuse from 11 - midnight (eastcoast hours) on Wednesday night. I think the overall quality of what they are doing is very good. My only criticism would be I think they jumped around to much and I wonder how much the 'non-drum corps/band' fan could grasp. I mean I know the attention span of people today is that of a ferret on a double espresso but even with that...I think they jammed to much in.

Curious to see where it goes from here.....

"a ferret on a double espresso". LOLOL

I read that according to a John Mackey post on FB, the only music that has had the rights grated is his music for the Cadets, and the Bieber and original music for BD.

If true, that is the only music that will be seen/heard.