"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

Not being facetious, but by far the biggest unknown is how they cover George Hopkins—with mid-tour staff dismissals, mid-week rewrites ad nauseum, et al. I think we all agree, that could go one way that might get a lot of eyeballs...and not be flattering to DCI.

Personally, I am interested to see if/how they reference other corps, and especially Bluecoats, given how unconventional and successful their 2016 tour was.

I am interested in how they reference the other corps and how much they cover rankings and scoring.

But, I don't recall hearing any reports of the film crew covering that kind of stuff.

A co-worker was just describing to me a show he saw on Vice TV about Chinese infiltration of our technology... And then he said he saw a commercial (on Vice) for a show coming up on drum corps (he knows I'm a fan). I asked specifically if he saw the commercial on Vice and he confirmed it.

I've not seen ads on any other cable stations that I watch. Is there a cross-advertising even tacit agreement among similar stations?

Maybe Vice and Fuse are sister stations of the same owner - I don't know. But I thought it was cool that he saw an ad for "Clash..." on a different channel.

Ads can run on other networks in several ways:

1. The other networks are owned by the same company and there is an agreement to cross-promote shows

2. If the other network isn't owned by the same company you can either buy ads or barter for them. Sometimes there are restrictions on saying the day and time of the show on paid ads.

3. You can buy time from local cable systems, which have a few minutes per hour to sell on their own. They usually don't have any restrictions. Only subscribers of the cable system sees the ads.

4. You can buy time from satellite systems, e.g. Direct TV. Only subscribers see the ad.

5. You can buy ads in online video.

Very, very cool.

I don't want to overstate it, and I hope I'm not misreading it, but it appears to me that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson GETS IT!

https://www.facebook.com/DwayneJohnson/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

I saw the first ten minutes about a week ago - they start at auditions and the footage I saw really was more "documentary" in style than "reality tv" - very respectful and real IMO

Looking forward to the preview on his FB page tonight!

• Like 1

The couple with the Cadets shirts at the very beginning. Cheering. It's from 2015.

You literally were the stars. I couldn't take my eyes of you two. Woo hoo!!

• Like 1