Is it later than usual to not have any show annoucements?

I realize that corps annouce at different times, and some wait until June, but it seems much later than usual to have not heard anything.

Of course after the 2012 season, Madison announced the 2013 show the day after finals, and others have announced very early, but I feel like it's been longer after the season than usual.

Anyone care to share/remember when we typically start hearing this info?

• Like 1

Seeing as how audition camps haven't even started, I would be absolutely shocked to hear any show announcements already. It will be a few months yet.

Seeing as how audition camps haven't even started, I would be absolutely shocked to hear any show announcements already. It will be a few months yet.

My point is that often times we hear at least a show title from many groups before auditions, and some start coming out virtually every year by the end of September.

The noticeable shift of faculty for many corps, the continuing complexities of licensing and copy-right issues, the Bluecoats '16 effect, the changes in administration in several corps, and the ongoing challenge for admins to find the funding for the every increasing costs of more instrumentation/props/ outfits and design elements of shows the designers want all collaborate to make show announcements a more daunting hurdle than in decades past.

That those corps who did not announce until almost final(s) moments were more successful in '16 might add to the suspicious nature of drum corps lore.

Remember "show announcements" only came in common vogue in the '90s with a few previous exceptions. It really is a more modern phenomenon. We've gone from surprise at the first show to monitored press releases to Text- gate to solemn swearing of silence by membership, janitors, parents, sponsors, and even grandparents while holding the first born hostage as leverage.

• Like 2

The noticeable shift of faculty for many corps, the continuing complexities of licensing and copy-right issues, the Bluecoats '16 effect, the changes in administration in several corps, and the ongoing challenge for admins to find the funding for the every increasing costs of more instrumentation/props/ outfits and design elements of shows the designers want all collaborate to make show announcements a more daunting hurdle than in decades past.

That those corps who did not announce until almost final(s) moments were more successful in '16 might add to the suspicious nature of drum corps lore.

Remember "show announcements" only came in common vogue in the '90s with a few previous exceptions. It really is a more modern phenomenon. We've gone from surprise at the first show to monitored press releases to Text- gate to solemn swearing of silence by membership, janitors, parents, sponsors, and even grandparents while holding the first born hostage as leverage.

Good points. I remember receiving "DCI Today" in the early 90's in late spring, and seeing what shows were going to be.

I guess I am getting caught up in the "I want it now" mentality that so many have these days.

REALLY?

What are you wondering about?

It's way too early. Besides, using Cadets as an example, the show initially announced is not necessarily the show we will see on the field.

This week is the September DCI meeting in Indy. Part of what will be discussed will be the tour. They don't even know where they're going yet.

Most staff is wrapped up in WGI.

I hope most corps aren't planning on using the Bluecoats' latest strategy of waiting until literally the last minute to announce the show. Then again, because they won this past season, I don't want to get my hopes up too high.