Underrated Shows?

I haven't heard anyone mention it yet, but when I think of underrated shows, I think of:

Crossmen 1990

Great music, excellent soloists, and an exciting drill that matched the music so well. They perfected the "art of the pass-through", as one form crossed through another just at the end of a musical phrase, generating a great effect. 

• Like 3

2007 was a really fantastic year when you think about it.  Blue Devils won it on an anniversary year, Cadets were an absolute monster corps regardless of thoughts on their show.  Cavaliers were their old selves in a solid third with a very fun show that doesn't get mentioned a ton.  4th - 7th Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, Carolina Crown, and Bluecoats were ridiculously tight and all had shows I REALLY enjoy.  Dark Blue Knights show was really nice.  Boston Crusaders Picasso show is another one that's a lot of fun that doesn't get mentioned a ton.  Great drumline.  Colts Equinox show is top to bottom fantastic, another one that I quite enjoy from that season.  Glassmen's Gypsy show was great as well and Spirit of Atlanta had some great moments, personally really like the ballad.  

Then outside finals you had Academy blasting into division 1, Blue Stars back from their D2 days for the second year in a row almost knocking on finals, Madison Scouts with a really fun show despite their struggles, Crossmen with their first show after moving to Texas, Pacific Crests really fun Vegas show, Cascades still going strong, Southwinds last hurah, Troopers best show in a good while after going inactive, Mandarins IMO underrated Dragon Dance show, AND Pioneer being Pioneer and giving us some good Irish fun.  One of the few seasons that I own both volumes of the DVD.

Underrated season perhaps?  I also feel pretty strongly about 2002 in that regard. 

• Like 3

I've brought up 2002 Santa Clara Vangaurd but I think all the shows between 1999 and 2004 all deserve a little more attention.  You have in my opinion an all time great ballad, one of their better hornlines, a really #### cool opener, and an absolutely seamless show with a ridiculous drumline all packed into those years.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I've brought up 2002 Santa Clara Vangaurd but I think all the shows between 1999 and 2004 all deserve a little more attention.  You have in my opinion an all time great ballad, one of their better hornlines, a really #### cool opener, and an absolutely seamless show with a ridiculous drumline all packed into those years.  

Cmon number 10000 right now drummantx

1975 Hawthorne Muchachos on You Tube, full 14:11 show from Hershey Pa., the day after they were disqualified. Something to see. quality fair..sound awesome.

1 hour ago, jonwoody said:

1975 Hawthorne Muchachos on You Tube, full 14:11 show from Hershey Pa., the day after they were disqualified. Something to see. quality fair..sound awesome.

Although I would hardly call that show underrated. It is pretty legendary. 

• Like 1

On February 12, 2017 at 1:52 PM, DrumManTx said:

Oh yea!!! I totally agree!  I love all those shows!