Underrated Shows?

23 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I know I will get 50 lashes for this but after seeing their show I agree with it.  Phantom Regiment just had that Ooomph to their show.  I know I only saw both on video but I was really wowed by them.  I always loved them doing that in the 80's and this one was so good.

No lashes from me. I was there, and I was counted among the crazed masses, cheering and shouting throughout the show. 2008 was a really good year in general for drum corps.

3 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Had that corps not put that show out, we might not have the Madison Scouts. People can criticize it all they want, but those boys kept it going. It took a great deal of character and courage to be part of the 2007 corps.

If it doesn't take the thread too far off course, can someone provide some background on the Scouts in 2007? I don't follow this at all.

On 1/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

I actually really like the 2007 Madison Scout show. Finals or not, that opener was awesome!

I just watched that one recently, it's a case where if that show they ended with was the one they started with it probablu would have been a whole different season.   It's full of really fantastic moments.   Kashmir is freakin great and I love what they did with Tango in the closer. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 11:23 PM, BRASSO said:

Sort of lost in that 2008 year of high drama, imo was the Cavaliers (3rd place) production of "Samurai".

My favorite visual program from the Cavaliers.

I'm very fond of seven of the top eight shows from 2008.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

If it doesn't take the thread too far off course, can someone provide some background on the Scouts in 2007? I don't follow this at all.

PM me-you'll get a lot of BS otherwise

16 hours ago, mjoakes said:

They had massive structural and internal problems mainly based upon a mound of debt left over from their previous Directors spending spree. 2007 was mostly a new corps, new staff, new administration and was put together on a shoestring budget

was very proud of what they did that year, one of their best corps ever in the context 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I just watched that one recently, it's a case where if that show they ended with was the one they started with it probablu would have been a whole different season.   It's full of really fantastic moments.   Kashmir is freakin great and I love what they did with Tango in the closer. 

7 hours ago, cowtown said:

They had massive structural and internal problems mainly based upon a mound of debt left over from their previous Directors spending spree. 2007 was mostly a new corps, new staff, new administration and was put together on a shoestring budget

was very proud of what they did that year, one of their best corps ever in the context 

That is awesome!

23 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

This show in standstill just like it should be viewed......God that was an awesome music program.  That and 2005 on paper shouldn't' have worked for them but I'm so glad it did.  

My high school director marched in that show (look for the really tall mellophone player lol). It really does have its beautiful moments in the show!