Underrated Shows?

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Carolina Crown 2014 kinda had a Cadets 16 Effect on me.  

Fantastically flawed, suffered from constant changes and rewrites, but I strangely loved them.   

I love 2014, but there is a lot to pick at there.  

Right? 2014 was one of the best years in DCI as a fan, at least it was for me. I got to see Bluecoats, Cadets, and Crown live in person and I got to go watch Crown practice at a local high school. It was amazing. 

6 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Carolina Crown 2014 kinda had a Cadets 16 Effect on me.  

Fantastically flawed, suffered from constant changes and rewrites, but I strangely loved them.   

I love 2014, but there is a lot to pick at there.  

I agree.  I was just not a fan of Cadets in 2014 they just felt flat to me.  Thats not how the judges saw it though.

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Not sure if I posted this, but I really enjoyed the Bluecoats 2007 show "Criminal". I really preferred this show to crowns show.... not saying Crowns show was bad, but this show was amazing! 

Honestly, with 2007 I feel like there was a 3 way tie for 5th because of how close SCV, Crown, and Coats were. I think I would've completely flipped their order if it was up to me. 2007 is totally underrated in general, I think. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I agree.  I was just not a fan of Cadets in 2014 they just felt flat to me.  Thats not how the judges saw it though.

I didn't mind it at all early on, the whole front half before the drum break is just beautiful Americana, WW2 stuff.  They performed it immaculately as well.  

Just didn't like how they played Pimp My Ride on the closer in the final weeks.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FaustianMachine said:

Honestly, with 2007 I feel like there was a 3 way tie for 5th because of how close SCV, Crown, and Coats were. I think I would've completely flipped their order if it was up to me. 2007 is totally underrated in general, I think. 

I brought up 2007 as a whole, awesome year!

Santa Clara Vanguard seems to be the one of that bunch that has fallen under the radar but I adore it.  

48 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I didn't mind it at all early on, the whole front half before the drum break is just beautiful Americana, WW2 stuff.  They performed it immaculately as well.  

Just didn't like how they played Pimp My Ride on the closer in the final weeks.   

Yep I have the same opinion, I just felt it didnt have the same energy by the end.

• 1 month later...

I've seen 2002 Blue Knights mentioned a lot, however I actually haven't ever listened to it until now.  

Holy crap.  2006 was a lot more polished but 2002, ####.  That's one intense music book, that closer is so unrelenting and in your face aggressive and angry.  LOVE it.  

Edited by DrumManTx