Underrated Shows?

Just now, Ghost said:

As our mine, but when I first saw that guard move, I had a WTF moment!

Me too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lance said:

Great as Felliniesque was, my jaw still drops when I see BD's Dada show.

I enjoyed their sorta Stravinksy show, too. 

I agree but have to show my bias for Ink.  (my son's rookie A corps year)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lance said:

Great as Felliniesque was, my jaw still drops when I see BD's Dada show.

Mine too. I'm like, "I can't believe I just wasted 11 minutes of my life on that"

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

1991 Blue Devils. Somebody just downloaded their Quarterfinals show Perf. on Youtube 3 weeks ago. 'Don't care that BD finished an uncharacteristic 5th this year either. Judges are allowed to score it. Thats in their domain. What we LIKE, however, is in our domain. Me like 1991 BD...... '91 was still in BD's Jazz playing years. So yeah, this 5th place BD show fits my personal definition anyway of an " underrated show " from a Corps in DCI. It wasn't a great show offering from them in 91, but thats not the question posed to us.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2017 at 3:06 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Although I would hardly call that show underrated. It is pretty legendary. 

No way it is underrated.  It is spoken of in reverent, hushed tones all over DCI, especially by those who got to see them in prelims - like me.  I know they had gotten beat by BD just a couple of weeks before Championships, but that Horn Line was so clean, especially in prelims.  I think they could have won it all because they were really in sync, but we'll never know!

BD 2010 won, but it is continuously underrated by everyone not in the judging community. 

Such an awesome show, that hornline was gorgeous that year. The opening hit sounded like butter. 

On 5/14/2017 at 7:00 AM, BRASSO said:

1991 Blue Devils. Somebody just downloaded their Quarterfinals show Perf. on Youtube 3 weeks ago. 'Don't care that BD finished an uncharacteristic 5th this year either. Judges are allowed to score it. Thats in their domain. What we LIKE, however, is in our domain. Me like 1991 BD...... '91 was still in BD's Jazz playing years. So yeah, this 5th place BD show fits my personal definition anyway of an " underrated show " from a Corps in DCI. It wasn't a great show offering from them in 91, but thats not the question posed to us.

I always considered 91 to be well regarded.  Its my favorite non-parent show.  

I sure would like to see that hornline teamed up with 2015 drumline!

I gotta add that BD 1998 is very underrated as well. 

Dare I say it's the best WSS show musically? That hornline was crazy, it's a shame the soloists fracked a little. 

• Like 1