Underrated Shows?

It's not that great of a show, but 2013 Cavaliers - Secret Society, it was my first DCI show that I had seen live and it made me fall in love with the activity. Looking back on it now, I can see it for what it is, a 7th place show, but it will always hold that little sparkle in my heart lol

There's a ton of shows in '86 that could be counted. In matter of fact, one could say 2-12 were underrated.

The Cadets put out one of their most daring shows. Spirit's offering was one of the best shows in their history. The Sky Ryders were tremedous; it's hard to dislike their Oz show. The Cavies "Variations" is one of my favorite drum corps moments, and SCV, ah, SCV was wonderful!

Edited by wallace
  • Like 2

It's not that great of a show, but 2013 Cavaliers - Secret Society, it was my first DCI show that I had seen live and it made me fall in love with the activity. Looking back on it now, I can see it for what it is, a 7th place show, but it will always hold that little sparkle in my heart lol

Bluecoats 2009 for me.

But I still think their ballad was fantastic and that closer was SO fun.

How can Madison 1995 be underrated? How?? They received---BY FAR---the most applause. Standing ovations throughout. Heck, even Colin Quarterback would have stood! They just couldn't compete with the top 3 visually and in drums (won high brass and SHOULD have won GE Music over the most overrated Cavaliers show ever done).

Phantom 1987? HUGE crowd favorite. Less than a point under the (formerly) undefeated SCV in semifinals... they fell apart in Finals and deserved 5th place.

Phantom 1993? Crowd favorite. Won GE Visual and feet. More applause for "...Eternal Glory" than Star and Cadets got all night. Both of these Phantom shows were "back-from-the-dead" editions. Certainly not underrated.

Shows that weren't underrated, ever:

95 Madison- Maybe THE most popular Madison show ever.

93 Phantom- coming off of an 8th place finish in 92 and bumping to 3rd in 93. New look, super strong corps, the crowd LOVED the crab step at the end. That was a very popular show. In fact for me personally 93 and 94 are my two very favorite Phantom shows.

97 SCV - That show was killer. The best SCV show before this was probably 1991. First top 3 placement since 1989. I can't think of a more popular show in 1997.

I agree. I'll add Vanguard 2006, 2007 and 2008 as well.

With the exception of 04 and maybe 09, the entire first 10 years of the millennia for SCV don't get much love, and I never understand why because they're all truly brilliant shows.