DCI Championships In Indy - What Happens After 10 Years Are Up?

Well I'm sure you take out rain insurance (and then pray it rains the right amount at the right location instead just over your site).

Actually, no. After investigating it, rain insurance is, in our estimation, not worth the cost. Our "insurance" is that our show is over a decade old and we've made enough profit in that time to be able to withstand a bad year, even an expensive one.

But we also work very lean and never allow ourselves to forget that we should never second-guess Mother Nature.

i'm beat remembering which show is which out the Ft. Mill office, Rainbeat, Nightbeat, Firstbeat, Isn't this the second show for Wake Forest at least?

i think 2016 was the first year. and this year was not a complete rain out -- 5 corps were able to perform! but that's still 1-0 on the RainBeat Winston-Salem.

i think 2016 was the first year. and this year was not a complete rain out -- 5 corps were able to perform! but that's still 1-0 on the RainBeat Winston-Salem.

I checked Fromthepressbox.com which gives the first show at Wake Forest U as 7/26/15 before this year's partial edition. Wake Forest show in '15 is one of those that Cavaliers sat out as the bug thundered upon them.

Drum corps also teaches you to manage resources carefully so you don't end up stranded in upstate NY with no gas and no money 10 days before finals.

Just sayin'

Not sure what corps you are referring to, but when mine (Illiana Lancers) folded in early 1986, they were debt-free. We operated within our means.,

Allentown always goes on sale the first week of October, I'm good

Drum corps also teaches you to manage resources carefully so you don't end up stranded in upstate NY with no gas and no money 10 days before finals.

Just sayin'

Hey.... I've been stranded in upstate NY with no gas and no money, and it had nothing to do with getting a corps to Finals!!! LOL

• Like 1

Teal Sound from Jacksonville was the financially strapped corps that ended its tour in Glen Falls, NY.

Remembering not just Teal friends but all in Florida,GA, and Carolina shores suffering from Hurricane Matthew.