DCI Championships In Indy - What Happens After 10 Years Are Up?

That was on Teal though, right? As in poor financial management internally. It wasn't an over aggressive tour schedule by DCI, or am I missing something about that story?

• Like 1

Not sure what corps you are referring to, but when mine (Illiana Lancers) folded in early 1986, they were debt-free. We operated within our means.,

*whoosh*

No corps in particular -- the point was (and is) that being fiscally sound is ALSO something drum corps teach. Risk is *always* balanced.

*whoosh*

No corps in particular -- the point was (and is) that being fiscally sound is ALSO something drum corps teach. Risk is *always* balanced.

If more corps were financially sound back in the day, there would be more of them left today.

Investments. Specifically, the 'm' is used in the fixed income (bond) market.

Yeah -- that threw me a little. I'm used to seeing K for thousand and M for million.

Teal Sound from Jacksonville was the financially strapped corps that ended its tour in Glen Falls, NY.

Remembering not just Teal friends but all in Florida,GA, and Carolina shores suffering from Hurricane Matthew.

Not a big deal, but Teal's final show in 2012 was actually in Centerville, Ohio, and not New York. I remember it because I was on the road with Spirit of Atlanta, and something just led me to shoot a couple hundred pictures of Teal's show that night. When we got word later that they had folded up and headed back home after the show, I was REALLY glad that I was able to get a bunch of pictures for the kids in the corps. Here's a link to those pics, in case anyone's interested:

https://www.facebook.com/mike.morris.581730/media_set?set=a.10151397398785910.396315.585195909&type=3

• Like 2

Not a big deal, but Teal's final show in 2012 was actually in Centerville, Ohio, and not New York. I remember it because I was on the road with Spirit of Atlanta, and something just led me to shoot a couple hundred pictures of Teal's show that night. When we got word later that they had folded up and headed back home after the show, I was REALLY glad that I was able to get a bunch of pictures for the kids in the corps. Here's a link to those pics, in case anyone's interested:

https://www.facebook.com/mike.morris.581730/media_set?set=a.10151397398785910.396315.585195909&type=3

It's a shame. From a design/performance standpoint, Teal had a lot of potential.

They were left without buses or luggage at the Glen Falls show. I was there as was Dan Acheson triying to talk school bus companies to take the kids back to Florida because their official buses had already left...without them. Ask Mr. Acheson if you doubt my account.