DCI Championships In Indy - What Happens After 10 Years Are Up?

They were left without buses or luggage at the Glen Falls show. I was there as was Dan Acheson triying to talk school bus companies to take the kids back to Florida because their official buses had already left...without them. Ask Mr. Acheson if you doubt my account.

Without luggage? Was their stuff still on the buses?

Without luggage? Was their stuff still on the buses?

yes, the State troopers were contacted by DCI and the buses pulled over so luggage could be shifted onto to other vehicles and brought back to Glens Falls. Seems the bus company hadn't been paid and someone thought that holding the luggage and equipment hostage could garner the bus company a check.

Thank God a lot of good people from many corps pitched in to get the kids home to Florida or fill holes for other corps. Quite the story and backstory, both public and private.

Edited by xandandl

They were left without buses or luggage at the Glen Falls show. I was there as was Dan Acheson triying to talk school bus companies to take the kids back to Florida because their official buses had already left...without them. Ask Mr. Acheson if you doubt my account.

Calm down; no one's doubting your account of what happened in Glens Falls. You had said that they ended their tour at the Glens Falls show, which was on June 29, according to fromthepressbox.com, which lists the show as being in neighboring Ft. Edward, and I was just pointing out that they didn't fold and go back to Florida until after the Centerville show, which was on July 9.

Like I said, not a big deal. Either way, the kids got hurt by the actions - or lack of action - of the adults.