2017 DCA Shows

Spandy

Did anyone get the titles from the Buccaneers at their spring preview this past weekend?

Here is another one.  EXCELSIOR 2017 Production is titled "THE TIN MEN"  music includes SMILE (Charlie Chaplin), AHA (Imogen Heap), TITANIUM (David Guetta), DEATH OF A BACHELOR (Panic! at the Disco), SMILE (Charlie Chaplin)

Got the details directly from EXCELSIOR administrator.  :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bill_VA said:

Spoke to Sean Bartlett of Erie Thunderbirds and he told me that the corps 2017 show is titled "Undaunted" and will be performing music from Michael Giacchino this includes: Tragic Story of Rex Racer; Grand Ol Prix; True Heart of Racing; and Let Us Drink Milk.

The secret is out!! Can't wait to see everyone on the 50

• Like 1

From Kidsgrove Scouts: 

This year the Kidsgrove Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps will tell the story of the two star crossed lovers and their feuding families. Our 

production is titled "Montagues & Capulets" and will feature the music from Tchaikovsky's "Fantasy Overture" and Prokofiev's "Romeo and Juliet".

Here is one more:

Govenaires Announce Show for 2017 Season … Uncharted: A Lost Relic

Deep in a hostile forest, near the legendary ruins of a lost city, an expedition finds a mysterious object.

Great excitement and wonder comes with discovery of the unexpected relic … until something goes wrong.

For the Govenaires’ 90th anniversary, they will jump into uncharted territory, where constant threats lay hidden at every turn. The 2017 production is an adventure that will launch you into a world where its most 
precious treasures are unearthed at a terrible cost.

The show will feature moments of monumental reward and devastating risk. Will the expedition survive the inexplicable dangers from outside and within?
Join us this summer as the Govenaires venture into Uncharted: A Lost Relic.

“People don’t take trips … trips take people.” – John Steinbeck

Musical selections include:
“The Hunt for Red October” by Basil Poledouris
“Lux Aeterna (from Requiem for a Dream)” by Clint Mansell
“Hide and Seek” by Imogen Heap
 “Enterprising Young Men” by Michael Giacchino

Founded in 1927, the Govenaires are twelve-time Drum Corps Associates (DCA) finalists and four-time DCA Class A champions – winning in 2006, 2009, 2011, and 2015. Besides competitive success, the corps takes pride in providing a valuable performance experience for its members, and entertaining audiences everywhere. In 2016, the Govenaires performed in China as part of the Shanghai Tourism 
Festival.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bill_VA said:

From Kidsgrove Scouts: 

This year the Kidsgrove Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps will tell the story of the two star crossed lovers and their feuding families. Our 

production is titled "Montagues & Capulets" and will feature the music from Tchaikovsky's "Fantasy Overture" and Prokofiev's "Romeo and Juliet".

My playlists have been updated with these titles.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spaml6 said:

The secret is out!! Can't wait to see everyone on the 50

On 5/16/2017 at 3:22 PM, Bill_VA said:

Spoke to Sean Bartlett of Erie Thunderbirds and he told me that the corps 2017 show is titled "Undaunted" and will be performing music from Michael Giacchino this includes: Tragic Story of Rex Racer; Grand Ol Prix; True Heart of Racing; and Let Us Drink Milk.

These titles have been added to both of my playlists.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

On 9/30/2016 at 6:59 PM, Spandy said:

OPEN CLASS

Atlanta CV "Through the Glass Looking..."
Music by Charles Mingus, Jeff Beal, Phillip Glass, Vienna Teng, David Gillingham, and Igor Stravinsky Link

Bushwackers "Where We Belong"
Music from The Wizard of Oz (Harold Arlen, Yip Harburg), Creep (Radiohead), Orawa (Wojciech Kilar), Blue Shades (Frank Ticheli) Link

Cadets² "Simple Gifts"
Appalachian Morning (Robert Sheldon), Appalachian Morning (Paul Halley), Blue Shades (Frank Ticheli) Link

Carolina Gold "So Into You..." Link

Connecticut Hurricanes "Porgy and Bess"
My Man’s Gone Now, Summertime, Bess, You is My Woman Now, It Ain’t Necessarily So, Oh Lord I’m On My Way (from Porgy and Bess, by George Gershwin) Link

Fusion Core "Connexion"
Vesuvius (Frank Ticheli), The Sound of Silence (Simon and Garfunkel/Disturbed), Uffe’s Woodshop (Tyondai Braxton) Link

Hawthorne Caballeros "The Pathway of Remembrance" 
La Fiesta Mexicana (H. Owen Reed), Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin), Zambra (Ojos de Brujo), La Fiesta (Chick Corea) 
Link Teaser trailer 

Kidsgrove Scouts "Montagues & Capulets" 
Fantasy Overture (Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky), Romeo and Juliet (Sergei Prokofiev) Link

Long Island Sunrisers "miRAge"
Festival of Light (Stephen Melillo), Caravan (Duke Ellington), Danse Bacchanale (from Samson et Dalila, by Camille St. Saens) Link

Minnesota Brass "Pins & Needles"
In The Hall Of The Mountain King (Edvard Grieg), The March Of The Trolls (Edvard Grieg), Medea’s Dance Of Vengeance (Samuel Barber), Coraline (Ending credits, by Bruno Courlais), Hurt (Trent Reznor) Link

Reading Buccaneers "Behind the Suit"
Music of Hans Zimmer, Michael Daugherty, Samuel Barber, and Richard Strauss, original compositions by Mark Lortz, Johnny Trujillo and Mike Lalli Link

Skyliners "Xscape"
All the Rowboats (Regina Spektor), Escape to Paradise (from Chicken Run, by John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams), Xscape (Michael Jackson), Lost Boy (Ruth B), Kingfishers Catch Fire Movement 2 (John Mackey) Link

White Sabers "WaterwayS"
Waterways (Ludovico Einaudi), Equus (Eric Whitacre), Rain (Brian Balmages), Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Simon and Garfunkel), Niagara Falls (Michael Daugherty) Link

CLASS A

Alliance "Gravity" Link

Chops "Aria 51"
Flower Duet (from Lakmé, by Léo Delibes), I Will Follow You Into the Dark (Death Cab for Cutie), Original music by Matt Kettelhut and Joel Matuzak 

Cincinnati Tradition

Erie Thunderbirds "Undaunted"
Tragic Story of Rex Racer, Grand Ol Prix, True Heart of Racing, Let Us Drink Milk (Michael Giacchino)

Excelsior "The Tin Men"
Smile (Charlie Chaplin), Aha (Imogen Heap), Titanium (David Guetta), Death of a Bachelor (Panic! at the Disco)

Govenaires "Uncharted: A Lost Relic"
The Hunt for Red October (Basil Poledouris), Lux Aeterna (from Requiem for a Dream, by Clint Mansell), Hide and Seek (Imogen Heap), Enterprising Young Men (from Star Trek, by Michael Giacchino) Link

Southern Knights "When Kings Go Off To War"
In The Spring, At The Time When Kings Go Off To War (David Holsinger), On A Hymnsong of Philip Bliss (David Holsinger) Link

Updated with the latest info, including the Govies announcement that they will declare Class A.

• Like 1

Just received this message:

"Unfortunately, ALLIANCE went inactive this weekend and we will not be fielding a corps for 2017."

This is sad news indeed.  I hope they will be able to make it back for 2018!