2017 DCA Shows

Spandy

New England Centurions will not be in DCA this year and instead doing DCI's Soundsport

Long Island Sunrisers announced their show in a post on their Facebook page

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, MJVMusic said:

Long Island Sunrisers announced their show in a post on their Facebook page

Added to my playlists

• Like 1

On 10/1/2016 at 1:59 AM, Spandy said:

OPEN CLASS

Alliance

Atlanta CV "Through the Glass Looking..."
Link

Bushwackers "Where We Belong"
Music from The Wizard of Oz (Harold Arlen, Yip Harburg), Creep (Radiohead), Orawa (Wojciech Kilar), Blue Shades (Frank Ticheli) Link

Cadets²

Carolina Gold "So Into You..."
Link

Connecticut Hurricanes "Porgy and Bess"
My Man’s Gone Now, Summertime, Bess, You is My Woman Now, It Ain’t Necessarily So, Oh Lord I’m On My Way (from Porgy and Bess by George Gershwin) Link

Fusion Core

Govenaires 

Hawthorne Caballeros  
La Fiesta Mexiana (H. Owen Reed), Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin), Zambra (Ojos de Brujo), La Fiesta (Chick Corea) Link Teaser trailer 

Kidsgrove Scouts "Montagues & Capulets"
Link

Long Island Sunrisers

Minnesota Brass "Pins & Needles"
Link

Reading Buccaneers "Behind the Suit"
Music of Hans Zimmer, Michael Daugherty, Samuel Barber and Richard Strauss, original compositions by Mark Lortz, Johnny Trujillo and Mike Lalli Link

Skyliners "Xscape"
All the Rowboats (Regina Spektor), Escape to Paradise (from Chicken Run, by John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams), Xscape (Michael Jackson), Lost Boy (Ruth B), Kingfishers Catch Fire Movement 2 (John Mackey) Link

White Sabers "WaterwayS"
Waterways (Ludovico Einaudi), Equus (Eric Whitacre), Rain (Brian Balmages), Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Simon and Garfunkel), Niagara Falls (Michael Daugherty) Link

CLASS A

Chops "Aria 51"
Arrows of the Gods (from Titus, by Elliot Goldenthal), Flower Duet from Lakmé (Léo Delibes), I Will Follow You Into the Dark (Death Cab for Cutie) Link (repertoire in event description)

Cincinnati Tradition

Erie Thunderbirds

Excelsior

Southern Knights "When Kings Go Off To War"
In The Spring, At The Time When Kings Go Off To War (David Holsinger), On A Hymnsong of Philip Bliss (David Holsinger) Link

PENDING EVALUATION

Highland Regiment "Fearless"

Legacy "Out of the Ashes"
Dies Irae (from Requiem by Giuseppe Verdi), March to the Scaffold (from Symphonie Fantastique by Hector Berlioz), Nimrod (from Enigma Sketches by Edward Elgar), Infernal Danse, Bercuse, and Finale (from Firebird by Igor Stravinsky) Link

New England Centurions "The Journey Home"
Going Home from New World Symphony (Antonín Dvořák), The Hut of Baba Yaga from Pictures at an Exhibition (Modest Mussorgsky), Last Train Home (Pat Metheny) Link

Highland Regiment didn\t make the cut  

Centurions going DCI Sound Sport 

Legacy never sent anything to DCA ?

Hawthorne Caballeros show title announced in a Video.

Edited by MJVMusic

• 2 weeks later...

OPEN CLASS

Alliance "Gravity"
Link

Atlanta CV "Through the Glass Looking..."
Music by Charles Mingus, Jeff Beal, Phillip Glass, Vienna Teng, David Gillingham, and Igor Stravinsky Link

Bushwackers "Where We Belong"
Music from The Wizard of Oz (Harold Arlen, Yip Harburg), Creep (Radiohead), Orawa (Wojciech Kilar), Blue Shades (Frank Ticheli) Link

Cadets² "Simple Gifts"
Appalachian Morning (Robert Sheldon), Appalachian Morning (Paul Halley), Blue Shades (Frank Ticheli) Link

Carolina Gold "So Into You..."
Link

Connecticut Hurricanes "Porgy and Bess"
My Man’s Gone Now, Summertime, Bess, You is My Woman Now, It Ain’t Necessarily So, Oh Lord I’m On My Way (from Porgy and Bess, by George Gershwin) Link

Fusion Core "Connexion"
Vesuvius (Frank Ticheli), The Sound of Silence (Simon and Garfunkel/Disturbed), Uffe’s Woodshop (Tyondai Braxton) Link

Govenaires 

Hawthorne Caballeros "The Pathway of Remembrance" 
La Fiesta Mexicana (H. Owen Reed), Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin), Zambra (Ojos de Brujo), La Fiesta (Chick Corea) Link Teaser trailer 

Kidsgrove Scouts "Montagues & Capulets"
Link

Long Island Sunrisers "Mirage"
Festival of Light (Stephen Melillo), Caravan (Duke Ellington), Danse Bacchanale (from Samson et Dalila, by Camille St. Saens) Link

Minnesota Brass "Pins & Needles"
In The Hall Of The Mountain King (Edvard Grieg), The March Of The Trolls (Edvard Grieg), Medea’s Dance Of Vengeance (Samuel Barber), Coraline (Ending credits, by Bruno Courlais), Hurt (Trent Reznor) Link

Reading Buccaneers "Behind the Suit"
Music of Hans Zimmer, Michael Daugherty, Samuel Barber and Richard Strauss, original compositions by Mark Lortz, Johnny Trujillo and Mike Lalli Link

Skyliners "Xscape"
All the Rowboats (Regina Spektor), Escape to Paradise (from Chicken Run, by John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams), Xscape (Michael Jackson), Lost Boy (Ruth B), Kingfishers Catch Fire Movement 2 (John Mackey) Link

White Sabers "WaterwayS"
Waterways (Ludovico Einaudi), Equus (Eric Whitacre), Rain (Brian Balmages), Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Simon and Garfunkel), Niagara Falls (Michael Daugherty) Link

CLASS A

Chops "Aria 51"
Flower Duet (from Lakmé, by Léo Delibes), I Will Follow You Into the Dark (Death Cab for Cutie), Original music by Matt Kettelhut and Joel Matuzak 

Cincinnati Tradition

Erie Thunderbirds

Excelsior

Southern Knights "When Kings Go Off To War"
In The Spring, At The Time When Kings Go Off To War (David Holsinger), On A Hymnsong of Philip Bliss (David Holsinger) Link

Updated with all the information I've been able to find. Thanks for sharing, everyone! Looks like we're just waiting on the Govies and a few of the Class A corps to announce now.

Edited by Spandy

Oh, I hadn't noticed that Chops show title before. Very nice!

• Like 1

Alliance has officially declared Class A for this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Alliance has officially declared Class A for this year.

Thanks, I missed that announcement on their Facebook. I will update the list.

• Like 1

Spoke to Sean Bartlett of Erie Thunderbirds and he told me that the corps 2017 show is titled "Undaunted" and will be performing music from Michael Giacchino this includes: Tragic Story of Rex Racer; Grand Ol Prix; True Heart of Racing; and Let Us Drink Milk.