DCI Hotel Offers for Indy 2017 ? Does DCI Do This Anymore?

So the impact is negligible, which doesn't answer what is the role unless Friends of DCI is DCI group rates.....

Prefer my AAA, gotta get my money back somehow.....

Bus trip to Rochester sounds good.... no wait sounds like a freakin' 70s flashback.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

So the impact is negligible, which doesn't answer what is the role unless Friends of DCI is DCI group rates.....

Prefer my AAA, gotta get my money back somehow.....

Bus trip to Rochester sounds good.... no wait sounds like a freakin' 70s flashback.....

DCI holds a block of seats - admittedly some very desirable "middle-middle" seats - for Friends members, a couple hundred of them total. That is their impact. DCI doesn't hold hotel rooms for Friends, doesn't schedule meals for Friends (besides the Saturday morning breakfast), and doesn't soak up tour buses to shuttle Friends to the stadium. The Friends program has virtually NO impact on either ticket pricing or hotel availability or pricing during finals week.

The "Old Car Owners and their Old Cars" has a bigger impact than Friends does...

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

in the past; well out of my price range. I don't believe in Pay to Play politics in or out of drum corps.

Evidently Garfield is filled with such angst that he can't read who has been members of FoDCI and who hasn't.

To quote Shakespeare like BD did this summer: "Me thinks the woman doth protest too much."

Good night

Edited by xandandl

I booked a room at the JW Marriott for this year's 2016 finals. It's one of the premium hotels in Indy. The booking was done through Visit Indy, and I clicked to them from a promotional link on the DCI website. My rate was $177. Not cheap, but also a terrific rate for JW on a Fri-Sat.

That was done on October 19 last year.

• Like 1

Evidently Garfield is filled with such angst that he can't read who has been members of FoDCI and who hasn't.

To quote Shakespeare like BD did this summer: "Me thinks the woman doth protest too much."

Good night

"...filled with angst..."

LOL.

That was cute, though.

I booked a room at the JW Marriott for this year's 2016 finals. It's one of the premium hotels in Indy. The booking was done through Visit Indy, and I clicked to them from a promotional link on the DCI website. My rate was $177. Not cheap, but also a terrific rate for JW on a Fri-Sat.

That was done on October 19 last year.

Thinking about switching to there for next year.

The last time I went to finals in Indy (2011), I booked a refundable room out by the airport early on, then started working Priceline as we got closer to finals week. In early July, I hit the jackpot with a Priceline bid, and was able to book the Marriott Downtown Indianapolis (just on the other side of the convention center from Lucas Oil Stadium) for Thursday through Sunday for just $58 a night! As I recall, the rate that year for that hotel through DCI was about $150 a night. So I canceled our room near the airport at no penalty, and ended up paying a total of $211 after taxes and fees for three nights downtown.

THANK YOU, PRICELINE!

• Like 1

The last time I went to finals in Indy (2011), I booked a refundable room out by the airport early on, then started working Priceline as we got closer to finals week. In early July, I hit the jackpot with a Priceline bid, and was able to book the Marriott Downtown Indianapolis (just on the other side of the convention center from Lucas Oil Stadium) for Thursday through Sunday for just $58 a night! As I recall, the rate that year for that hotel through DCI was about $150 a night. So I canceled our room near the airport at no penalty, and ended up paying a total of $211 after taxes and fees for three nights downtown.

THANK YOU, PRICELINE!

Wow! That's great!

I booked through Visit Indy/DCI around this time last year and paid $135/night for the Fairfield Inn & Suites on Wash. St., which was very walkable to Lucas Oil. Thought it was a pretty good price for the location (it was a refundable reservation).

• Like 1

I don't see it discussed on here much, but it looks like Airbnb has a ton of listings for Finals week right now.