Drum Corps Survey

I'm going to crack up if everyone comes out wearing white jump suits next season, and only Bluecoats choose to wear a traditional uniform.

• Like 8

Does this seem to anyone as a slightly passive aggressive response to the uniforms Bluecoats wore this past year? Maybe I'm overthinking...

Does this seem to anyone as a slightly passive aggressive response to the uniforms Bluecoats wore this past year? Maybe I'm overthinking...

I didn't take it that way at all. I think it's completely along the lines of figuring out the level of attachment people think Boston should have to their military style uni. Crown's departure in color palette from the cream years.......Troopers update/departure from their historic look.......Oregon's laser printed tree bark..........many besides Bloo have made such changes over the past few years. Look at the fallout Cadets faced just for breaking out military uni's in a different color.

• Like 1

Seems like a straight up marketing survey to determine how integral BAC's uniform is to their brand identity. Likely being used in determing how functional their future costumes will be to the show themes without eroding brand recognition.

Or something.

• Like 1

Look at the fallout Cadets faced just for breaking out military uni's in a different color.

I see now, I was overthinking. But in response to the Cadets, I think a lot of the fallout came as much, if not more, because of the admin always preaching their traditions, and then what was perceived as a slap in the face to tradition.

I think you are over-thinking this a little bit...a couple of things...BAC was due anyway for a uniform change...they've spent 3 years with the same uniform with only minor adjustments...Boston has a new set of show designers...I heard Michael Townsend recently comment that the Academy with their tuxedo uni's wouldn't work well some sort of Indian-type theme or something similar to that...another reason the wedding scenario worked so well for that matter...I believe they are taking a serious look at their uniform and costuming...if anything you could argue they might be looking to being more thematic like Crown...I didn't even think about the Bluecoats when I got this survey in my email box but also saw on their Facebook...

I also posted this in the Boston thread...I've been thinking a little bit more about the uniform survey. I really appreciate that Boston is looking to get feedback with alumni, fans, friends, volunteers, and other drum corps folks as well...Boston is in a tough similar situation along with the cadets...Boston is the third-oldest junior drum and bugle corps in the nation while the cadets are respectfully 2nd...these uniforms are to say the least ICONIC...I don't envy the decision and hard choices that are going to be made in the not too distant future by both of these corps..