Innovations the Cadets should use

Seems to me the past 2 years they were passed at the end of the season due to execution which was a result of design issues, too many changes to clean late in the year…might be able to say the same about 2014 when they cheesed out the ending and got passed

I feel they could move up a place or two by just locking in their show earlier and cleaning it

But yes, they do have some design issues too

this is dead on. your time budget is fixed once you leave ST. time spent re-creating is time spent not cleaning. if you don't get the framework correct during all days, it's nearly impossible to recover from that. (which is why BD has the lowest ratio of show days / practice days -- full rehearsal days are priceless).

of course performance days have a value all their own -- it's why the membesr pay all that money to do drum corps in the first place. (and oh yeah -- you earn money doing shows)!

Edited by corpsband

So I was talking to my band director who was with the Cadets in the 80s during their threepeat championship and i was talking to him about there music choices he said that they usually pick their music before their program. So while not an innovation that is a good idea that would make them better. Granted this is probably the way its gonna be with George. It will get you brass awards and percussion awards but it is harder to get medals. Also they should bring back Marc Sylvester. He would instrumental with their success as he was there for all of there iconic early 2000s shows like The Zone Celebration and MIllenium Celebration.

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever the music selection this season or theme, auditions will be pretty much the same but with some additions.

Since imitation is the highest form of flattery, it isn't hard to hear the corps block commands to now include:

Right eye, wink, one two, three, four... Left eye wink, one, two, three, four... Both eyes wink, one, two three, four...

Now let's take it at Cadets' speed and up the tempo. Ready, wink....

Edited by xandandl