"It's Time To Get Rid Of Marching Band Halftime Show"

He doesn't care. If you know Clay Travis's M.O., he is actually counting on the size and fervor the music community. His job is to stir #### and generate clicks. The more clicks the better. Now that Fox Sports has taken the torch for "Embrace Debate" from ESPN, Clay is primed for even more support for this kind of activity. He doesn't have a real concern or care about this, or most topics that he lights up.

Everyone who clicks through to read the article, view the video, see him get owned in the comments (which is about as toothless as you can get) ... y'all are contributing the Clay Travis Problem.

Then he is nothing more than the phalanx of history to suggest that, like most, he will explode and lose support. The fear we were supposed to feel decreased in direct proportion to the threads they hurled. They are nothing special. We've seen this type MANY times before.

Except that the push-back means more today because there are so many more participants today. Competitive music is drawing kids in much greater numbers than competitive sports except, probably, tennis (I made that up - I have no professional qualifications to suggest I know what I'm talking about). Band kids don't get concussions, even at the most-competitive levels.

We need to stop being defensive, as an activity.

As a Michigan fan, I must say I like the Ohio State band a whole lot more than I like the football team. Band...good. Football team...evil. LOL

As a Michigan fan, I must say I like the Ohio State band a whole lot more than I like the football team. Band...good. Football team...evil. LOL

As a Michigan alumnus, I'm not allowed to say I like anything about Ohio State. But there may be some things I do secretly like but I'm not at liberty to say.

As a Michigan alumnus, I'm not allowed to say I like anything about Ohio State. But there may be some things I do secretly like but I'm not at liberty to say.

And as an Ohio State fan, I'm not allowed to say anything good about Michigan. I follow that requirement to the letter; I find nothing good about Michigan, it's football program, or its band.

Michigan is a sewer.

:tounge2:

• Like 1

And as an Ohio State fan, I'm not allowed to say anything good about Michigan. I follow that requirement to the letter; I find nothing good about Michigan, it's football program, or its band.

Michigan is a sewer.

Those are some big words from a guy whose state looks like a pair of tighty whities. 🍻

• Like 1

It was only a matter of time before a thread about college band erupted into a Michigan/Ohio spat :tounge2:

I don't have to play favorites because I've never attended a university that has a notable football program or in my current case even a football program at all (kind of. I go to one of the other BYU campuses that's not in Utah so I guess I could technically claim BYU as my home team. I also have an inclination towards Colorado State because that's where I grew up.)

It was only a matter of time before a thread about college band erupted into a Michigan/Ohio spat :tounge2:

I don't have to play favorites because I've never attended a university that has a notable football program or in my current case even a football program at all (kind of. I go to one of the other BYU campuses that's not in Utah so I guess I could technically claim BYU as my home team. I also have an inclination towards Colorado State because that's where I grew up.)

Let's get it right: "...an Ohio State vs. Michigan spat". Michigan can never be ahead of Ohio State in any sentence.

15-yard penalty for not knowing the rivalry rules.

• Like 1

Let's get it right: "...an Ohio State vs. Michigan spat". Michigan can never be ahead of Ohio State in any sentence.

15-yard penalty for not knowing the rivalry rules.

Personal foul. Use of full name of that school from Ohio. Loss of possession and ejection from the game. Acorns lose.

#GoBlue ( Wisconsin should have won the game vs Ohio)

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Personal foul. Use of full name of that school from Ohio. Loss of possession and ejection from the game. Acorns lose.

#GoBlue ( Wisconsin should have won the game vs Ohio)

...but Buckeyes win. That's the point.

(and, actually, if I used the full name it would be THE Ohio State University Buckeyes, of course. But it's hard to write a fight song around that name)

• Like 1

Wait a minute!

Aren't religion discussions banned on DCP.

The way Garfield, HockeyDad, and Corpsband speak so religiously about their football allegiances, wishing hell and damnation on their opponents and seeing their campus as heaven, isn't that a broach of DCP conduct? And it is clearly discriminatory intimidation against those of us who went for edjukashuns not footbal. Mods, Mods, back to drum corps.

o-p

• Like 1