What City.....?

Had more top 12 DCI finalists?

I would have to say Toronto...........De Lasalle Oaklands, Oakland Crusaders and Seneca Optimists.all in the 1970's.

Has there been others?

I would have to say Toronto...........De Lasalle Oaklands, Oakland Crusaders and Seneca Optimists.all in the 1970's.

Has there been others?

While Del was from Toronto, Oakland Crusaders were from Etobicoke. At the time they made finals it was a not part of Toronto. Seneca is still a separate city from Toronto. If you want to open it up to metro areas, then you will have to define "metro".

Edited by DAvery
  • Like 1

While Del was from Toronto, Oakland Crusaders were from Etobicoke. At the time they made finals it was a not part of Toronto. Seneca is still a separate city from Toronto. If you want to open it up to metro areas, then you will have to define "metro".

I agree. Toronto area. Did you know Brampton and Markham had a drum corps too? FYI Seneca Princemen were located in North York :wink:

2016-10-18-toronto_zpsnqqmxa7i.jpg

Chicago area. I was there twice. I watched drum corps shows that had either green machine perform. I like both.

2016-10-18-chicago_zpsqwr8pgso.jpg

The Great Lakes region with many great drum corps over decades. This was the first area that I toured until I moved west but that's another story.

2016-10-18-great-lakes_zpsy4ank1nx.jpg

Edited by lindap

Has there been others?

If you were to include metro areas, then NYC had Cadets, Muchachos and Bridgemen. Of course Chicago has Cavies, Guardsmen and Vanguard. Could you say the bay area includes Stockton and Sacramento? If so, then there is 4.

I will include the Continental United States and Southern Ontario....will that help? LOL

Southern Quebec had many drum corps; rarely mentioned in DCP threads. Alberta and British Columbia had drum corps too. Perhaps there's no interest there?

Drum corps and winter guard continues to be international through those that believe marching arts is a good thing. It was and is a good activity worldwide, imo

The post was just about the top 12.

I will say though Quebec had some wonderful corps...Les Chatelaines, Les Eclipse, Les Etoiles, Acadamie, Offensive Lions among others and although not from Quebec, I loved Les Companion too!

If you were to include metro areas, then NYC had Cadets, Muchachos and Bridgemen.

And in 1984 and '85, the DCI champion (Garfield Cadets) and DCA champ (Hawthorne Caballeros) were from towns that are barely 10 miles apart.

• Like 2