What City.....?

The post was just about the top 12.

I will say though Quebec had some wonderful corps...Les Chatelaines, Les Eclipse, Les Etoiles, Acadamie, Offensive Lions among others and although not from Quebec, I loved Les Companion too!

Les Companions was a senior corps, so if we are permitting that, there were also Les Metropitains, Les Vics and the one that pretty well started it all from Québec -Les Diplomates. Les Grenadiers also ventured into the states, but not DCI.

No, Les Companion was a junior corps in the 1970's. We competed against them....specifically in Oswego, NY (Black Knights July 4th show).

As per http://corpsreps.com/ - August 20, 1981 DCI World Championships Class A and All-Girl Finals

ALL GIRL
Les Chatelaines Lavel, QUE
Arbella Salem, MA
St. Ignatius Hicksville NY
Ventures Kitchener, ONT
St. John's Brantford, ONT

CLASS A
Southernairs Wilmington, NC
Fantasia III Little Falls, NJ
Pioneer Milwaukee, WI
Dutch Boy Kitchener, ONT
Les Etoiles Dorion Vaudreuil L'Acadie, QUE

DCI finals? - check. Top 12? - check. 2 corps from same city? - check. Kitchener Ontario - this city is one of the winners of this quiz! Honorable mention? I googled distance between laval and L'Acadie and the search returned 25 KM. I also googled distance between Kitchener and Brantford and the search returned 47 KM. 47 KM is approx. 29 miles and 25 KM is approx. 15 miles and across a big river. The runner up is Les Chatelaines and Les Etoiles Dorion Vaudreuil. Congratulations to all!

• Like 2

No, Les Companion was a junior corps in the 1970's. We competed against them....specifically in Oswego, NY (Black Knights July 4th show).

I stand corrected! :cool: My apologies.

I should have remembered, since I was a friend of Maurice Legault and family, who were part of the musical staff of the corps. Maurice and I were with the Diplomates at that time.

Swampscott (North Stah), Revere (Lancahs), and Boston (BAC) are all within about 12 miles of each other, and Malden, home of the Diplomats, is in there as well.

Swampscott (North Stah), Revere (Lancahs), and Boston (BAC) are all within about 12 miles of each other, and Malden, home of the Diplomats, is in there as well.

Thank you and how the HEdoublehockeysticks have you been! I missed you! You once quoted 'old people are cute'. Yes I am. Glad to see you back. Hugs.

You beat me to the punch. You left out (honorable mention) the East Coast Jazz, multiple time Div II champions from Malden, MA.

Looking at the map - The Des Plaines Vanguard, the Rosemont Cavaliers and the Schaumburg Guardsmen were all within about 8-10 miles of each other.

Prior to DCI, there were the Norwood Park Imperials and the Royal Airs within the same vicinity.

The Chicago area was loaded with major and minor corps.

Bump

Chicago area. I was there twice. I watched drum corps shows that had either green machine perform. I like both.
2016-10-18-chicago_zpsqwr8pgso.jpg
:smile: