Stadium security

IMO, stadium "security" at LOS is minimal, at most. I think they looked in the _Kid's backpack one time in the last several years.

Is LOS security less stringent because Indy knows we're just a bunch of band kids? Are the other stadiums less aware of that fact?

IMO, stadium "security" at LOS is minimal, at most. I think they looked in the _Kid's backpack one time in the last several years.

Is LOS security less stringent because Indy knows we're just a bunch of band kids? Are the other stadiums less aware of that fact?

That's because the guy in charge of "security" was evidently at the top of the exit ramp in the parking lot at LOS. I hear he's tearing tickets at the tilt-a-whirl now.

• Like 1

The bad people don't care what a large soft target make up is. They want to prove they can do it and also put more fear into that country.

• Like 1

Less security = bigger target......

And hitting kids would spread more fear in the parents so....... real tempting target.

I DON'T want to be reading DCI show as one of the case studies in any future anti-terrorism training..... With lesson details saying "it was a music event so everyone thought it would be "safe"... the bad guys were wearing the t-shirts of the groups.... so no one thought that....".

Edited by JimF-LowBari

One might be surprised at the lack of security in many stadiums, concert halls, etc. Early this year a son of ours left the Staple Center (Dir. of guest services) to do the same thing at the Grand Ole Opry plus Dir. of security. I was shocked at how lax their security was when he began working there.

this is becoming the way business is done at many venues these days. this summer i attended a concert in Hershey and went through a checkpoint unlike anything I had gone through there in decades of attending events. Even with ACC's the next two weeks security is tighter.

it's the world we live in now

• Like 1

Was in England 1995... way ahead of us (read US) in security. Their concern was the Irish Republican Army who actually had planted a bomb under a bridge we were on the day before. Tower of London (bombed some years before) was the tightest but the bomb checker we had explained as he went along. Of course it helped that I told him where I worked so the check was cool with us. Neat looking plastic explosive sniffer.. looked like a big ###ed pencil. Think we were the only ones who were told what it was and how it worked.