Whatever Happened to.....?

I'll throw out some things and then you all can add/comment ...BUT HEY....BE NICE!!!!!

Royal Brigade

Florida Wave

Valiant Knights (OK)

Gauchos (NY)

Concert Number

Ventures

Offensive Lions

Les Eclipse

US Open (Marion, OH)

I think the Florida Wave may be having a reincarnation

As is the case with most corps that have gone inactive over the decades, there really aren't published accounts as to the reasons the corps disappeared.

Offensive Lions did have an alumni group, Tradition, that made appearances through the late 1980s.

The US Open ended for reasons like so many other major contests...........the march of time.

Concert numbers went by the wayside when "stop time" became a negative due the "perpetual motion" and demand by the judging community for shorter shows, faster speeds and more complex drills ... made sense to me since M&M was always the highest component of the total score (not sure if that still applies to "visual" on current sheets) ... may as well keep moving ...

:-)

"Gone But Not Forgotten":

Starting Line Opening fanfares, Company Fronts from the starting line to the "Fifty", STARTING LINES!!!!". :music:

Finish line fanfares, FINISH LINES!!!!! :music:

Elphaba :flower:

Edited by elphaba01

Was it the judging community or the corps themselves? Seems to me that changes occurred around 1972 to 75. Of course CHANGE in the activity has been going on since 1972 to the present day.

• 3 weeks later...

What ever happened to the wonderful "soprano trios" many corps used to feature at some point in their show? Sadly missed.