Broken Arrow's Answer to Ramps - the Arms Race Continues

i liked BA's show but it seems to me DCI shows flow better because of the extra time allowed

that's not the complete show - they have some stuff to add

Last year I said the BA show was better designed than many top drum corps programs. Folks had a fit. It went on to win the 2015 BOA Championship

This year they have an 'answer' to Bluecoats ramps - as the prop arms race continues

https://youtu.be/-mxLSLj3A8U?t=10m27s

Thoughts?

I finally got a chance to watch this show...I'm from the opinion of anti-props....never really been a fan of them per se....that said...I really enjoyed the self-powered go-carts or whatever you want to call them...especially how well they were integrated into the show theme...they didn't serve as a distraction IMO...that was a really enjoyable production to watch...I thought it flowed fairly well and had decent pacing for the most part...and indeed better designed than a lot of the world class corps for that matter...

Thumbs up from me...

Just saw this show live at OK Band masters. Absolutely floored by it - design, performance, and vehicular transports.

I tend to not get into high school marching bands that much, including BA, but I'm enamored with this.

Yeah its a great one

Entire thing is so well designed and they movE so well for a high school band. Crowd just eats it up!

• Like 1

Just saw this show live at OK Band masters. Absolutely floored by it - design, performance, and vehicular transports.

I tend to not get into high school marching bands that much, including BA, but I'm enamored with this.

OK, so, despite my better judgement, I followed a couple of links and watched this show from down low and up pretty high. Umm. Wow. This dish of crow needs salt...

That's an impressive, impressive show. My initial distaste is lessened, considerably. Once I got past the pedal carts and looked at how they not only blended so well, not to mention the other spectacular parts of the design, it was hard to remember that this is a HS program. It was really that good. A few goofy things like individual mistakes, and I saw a cart run over a kid's ankle, but the carts adding a nice, flowing quality to the visual design that is hard to achieve with just drill design and marching execution.

I think I'm a little biased because, as a "camper" (as in a 40ft motorhome), we see those carts rented at KOA and other campgrounds. They're a nuisance, and fun to peddle around in, in campgrounds.

Plus, I spent much of the day at the OMEA state finals, where there is no ranking and as a result, IMO, they're not capable of getting the quality of the BA, but that's another thread... (Hey, N.E.Brigand! Fun to see you!...)

Edited by garfield
  • Like 4

Yeah its a great one

Entire thing is so well designed and they movE so well for a high school band. Crowd just eats it up!

Oklahoma has some good groups at the top. But BA was a giant among mortals, especially in terms of movement and choreography.

And it's such a simple show conceptually relative to the last couple years for them. Maybe that's due to Wes's absence, or maybe due to them not planning for Grand Nats.

Oklahoma has some good groups at the top. But BA was a giant among mortals, especially in terms of movement and choreography.

And it's such a simple show conceptually relative to the last couple years for them. Maybe that's due to Wes's absence, or maybe due to them not planning for Grand Nats.

Honestly this show was a breath of fresh air for me in terms of show design from Broken Arrow. It still felt like Broken Arrow, but there were some fresh ideas and stuff for Broken Arrow. I liked Wild Blue Orchid......but didn't love it. It was becoming a bit too mark the exact things you are expecting in their show off a checklist predictable.

OK, so, despite my better judgement, I followed a couple of links and watched this show from down low and up pretty high. Umm. Wow. This dish of crow needs salt...

That's an impressive, impressive show. My initial distaste is lessened, considerably. Once I got past the pedal carts and looked at how they not only blended so well, not to mention the other spectacular parts of the design, it was hard to remember that this is a HS program. It was really that good. A few goofy things like individual mistakes, and I saw a cart run over a kid's ankle, but the carts adding a nice, flowing quality to the visual design that is hard to achieve with just drill design and marching execution.

I think I'm a little biased because, as a "camper" (as in a 40ft motorhome), we see those carts rented at KOA and other campgrounds. They're a nuisance, and fun to peddle around in, in campgrounds.

Plus, I spent much of the day at the OMEA state finals, where there is no ranking and as a result, IMO, they're not capable of getting the quality of the BA, but that's another thread... (Hey, N.E.Brigand! Fun to see you!...)

Heading to Welcome Stadium now to help and watch my daughter's band at OMEA State Finals.

• Like 1